S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do S-10s have brakes on the rear axle or only the front. I always thought that all 4 wheels had brakes, but someone told me that only the front do?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pretty much knew that... but my friend was telling me that he can power brake in my truck because it doesnt have rear brakes. it made no sense to me (I have seen the damn brakes back there:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
the reason why you can powerbrake is cause your rear brakes dont work as good as your front its made that way so when you slam on the brakes the assend of the truck dos not come around and spin you out

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
As long as we're talking about this, anyone know of the kit to cut off the pressure back there, ya know, for safer "powerbraking"

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
you use a line lock. you can get them from summit.

its a valve mounted in the brake line with an electic solenoid to control it. you step on teh brake pedal to put pressure on all 4 wheels, then hit the switch to the valve. it closes the valve locking the pressure to the front wheels only. then you let off the pedal and pressure is released from the back, but is locked in the front due to the valve. smoke em for days :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts