S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 98' ls with the abs (not sure if all do).
and when im on pavement my truck stop's just fine, but when im on dirt, or like snow, it makes this horrible grinding noise, and the brake pedal kinda gives, then stiffens and pushes my foot back,pretty quck, then it reapeat's till the truck stop's, it dosent take me along time to stop or any thing, i was just wondering what that noise is.. any help is appreciated.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
yeah what the funk?

my 97 does that too, but doesnt push my foot back, just grinds real nasty, not like my 96 cavi. U dunno either?????????:bash:

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey guys that the abs doing its job....the errrrrrr noise you get is the pad fluctuation (on,off,on,off)too keep the wheels from locking up.....thats how most of them are but if htey are working right it will sound terrible.....

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
they

must just be different on the two vehicles.:rolleyes: im not really retarded.:bash:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought that's what it might be , but seeing how this is my first vehicle w/ abs i didnt know. and it dosent like kick my fott back, the petal just kind bounces a tiny bit under my foot.:)

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
well...

of course i have two diff sized tires, so that prob makes it more sensitive. Duh:bash: :bash: :bash: :idea:

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Yah it kinda wigged me out too when I nailed the brake on an uneven part of the road. You know the kind of road with bumps and stuff. Well it sounded like a grinding noise and the pedal gave and then stiffened. But like whosxtreme mentioned it is normal and the ABS is doing its job.
:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts