1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Metal
Automotive tire Gas Font Auto part Metal
Gas Nickel Fixture Plumbing Metal

Gonna keep it short and simple. I did a hub bearing conversion and think that my proportioning valve went out, It's causing fluid even after I've bled the whole system it's causing brake fluid to shoot back up through my master cylinder. Their two valves all i wanna know is if this is normal or if it's possible that the person that owned it before me did a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m doing my prop valve now because it was leaking from one of the lines. No air in the line but it would soak down the inner fender well in wheel well and in the engine bay.

how sure are you that it’s the prop valve?

The location of that rust on the prop valve mounting bracket makes it look like the master might be leaking into the booster.

I’m replacing my entire brake system back to all new oem. I’d say it’s worth throwing new parts at it but depends on your budget.

I’m doing new booster, master, prop valve, calipers, rotors, pads, wheel cylinders and all new hard and soft lines.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m doing my prop valve now because it was leaking from one of the lines. No air in the line but it would soak down the inner fender well in wheel well and in the engine bay.

how sure are you that it’s the prop valve?

The location of that rust on the prop valve mounting bracket makes it look like the master might be leaking into the booster.

I’m replacing my entire brake system back to all new oem. I’d say it’s worth throwing new parts at it but depends on your budget.

I’m doing new booster, master, prop valve, calipers, rotors, pads, wheel cylinders and all new hard and soft lines.
Well to be honest not too sure but the only thing that I could think of really is it's either the master cylinder or the proportioning valve.

the weirdest thing is that when I press on the break fluid start shooting out of the master cylinder like a geyser.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
34,387 Posts
Oh ok cool thats a relief. Also wanted to apologize about before I also want to thank you for sending me the link about the rules I was looking for them before when I first going you couldn't find them and again apologize for before
No problem...water under the bridge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts