S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Been there Done it
10,486 Posts
Stop driving it before you kill someone.
year, model, engine, trans, power brakes or not, miles on it, location.
Sounds like a fluid leak. Could be a line rusted thru, leaking caliper or wheel cylinder.
Park it some where dry. Top off the fluid. Hit the brakes hard a few times. Hold the brakes each time until it goes to the floor. Grab a flashlight and look underneath for the puddle. Your leak will be some where above the puddle,but not necessarily directly above because the fluid might run along the frame before dripping.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Have you checked your brake fluid level?
Do you have a leaking wheel cylinder?
Have you checked the brake lines for cracks?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,640 Posts
The front part of the reservoir controls the rear brakes.
X2 on the rear wheel cylinders.

·
Been there Done it
10,486 Posts
im not sure how i can find where it is leaking from i want to find the leak
Translation: "I'm not sure how I can find where it is leaking. I want to find the leak."
Re-read post #3.
If it's a small leak and you hit the brakes hard enough chances are it'll become a big leak and easier to find.
Since it's your rear that is leaking odds are it'll be leaking right below the gas filler. That's where most rust thru.
If that's the case your fuel lines aren't long for this world either and you'll probably cause one of them to leak while trying to remove the rusty brake line.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Jack up the rear end pull the wheels off then remove the drums to see if they are contaminated from brake fluid.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,409 Posts
jack all four- put it on jack stands. place clean cardboard under wheel- large enough is reaches under frame. Remove wheels. pump brakes and look at cardboard.you will have fluid on at least one.also look at the rear axle. you have rubber lines that are the last link in the brake system to the wheel cylinders that fail in addition to the wheel cylinders themselves.Look at those lines for cracks and or soft spots.you will see on the rotors/drums where the fluid is leaking- it will drip.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,640 Posts
if it was leaking wouldnt it leak on the ground under the truck
If it was, and you were looking for it, you'd most likely notice it. Like was said...pull the rear wheels and drums. If they're leaking...you'll see it.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,640 Posts
didnt see anything
Didn't see anything where?? On the ground, dripping/running down tires, backing plates, around the cylinders, blow back from fluid leaking at speed? We're trying to help...but we need accurate info. How about posting some pics of the shoes/backing plates...front and back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't see anything where?? On the ground, dripping/running down tires, backing plates, around the cylinders, blow back from fluid leaking at speed? We're trying to help...but we need accurate info. How about posting some pics of the shoes/backing plates...front and back.
on the ground

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Did you pull the wheels and brake drums and look at the wheel cylinders ? How much fluid have you had to add to the system?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts