S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it's time for new pads on my Sonoma and I'm wanting your input. I'm looking for a pad that will decrease my stopping distances, give me less dust, and make no squealing. I know some of you have used a pad by Raybestos called the Ceramic QS or something like that. You guys that have those how do you like them? I have in the past always used OEM GM pads which I may do again but I was just wondering what other people's opinions were on the aftermarket pads out there.

Please respond as soon as you can because I need to pick up "A" set of pads up by tomorrow night. Apparently GM doesn't put wear indicators on their pads anymore becuase mine didn't make any noise at all. I just happened to glance at my pass. side rotor this afternoon and saw two pretty grooves in the rotor from the rivets. Hopefully they're still in spec when I have them turned cause I really don't want to have to fork out more $$ for a new rotor. It's weird they didn't squeek, grind, or pull at all even though I went down to the rivets without even knowing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i put on the rayobestos QS pads and it was a noticable improvement in stopping and there is practically no dust at all. overall they are worth every penny that i spent on them.

bob

·
Registered
60 Posts
I always use GM pads now, but I work at a dealer so they are cheaper for me.
I tried some other brand years ago but they squealed so bad i took them off and threw them out.

Just my preference...

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
thats wierd it didnt grind. but i think the wear indacators are only on the back pad. wich if the outside pad wears too much no annoying squeel.

I know thats the way the 1st gen's are.

but try the rayobestos qs I have heard alot of good things about them.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Brake Pads??

ten~39 said:
What stereo? I'm still running that sweet OEM system, LOL!
I upgraded(?) to a Sony head unit. Left stock speakers and all. But most times I can't hear anything when I'm jamming.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
as for squealing, make sure thge pads get cut prior to installation. its sad that almost every week someone comes in with uncut pads, because they tried to save a buck at brake depot, and end up paying twice!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the NAPA ceramic pads - great, no red dust, no squeals, squeaks, etc. I think the stopping is better than stock.
Also, suggest getting the Speedbleeders(.com) which will allow you to bleed the system yourself.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
Red dust? that must be dirt stuck in there, every brake pad ive dealt with leaves black/grey dust

1 - 10 of 10 Posts