S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find any good pics on what to do with the brake line when you step-notch the rear. I cut the bracket off and im not too sure what to do with the line.

Does anyone have some pics of how they re-mounted it?

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya yours was the only one I found. did you shorten the hardline at all? Id rather not cut the lines at all if possible.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got any more pics? what did you do with your charcoal canister?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
lol.. mine's a blazer. no charcoal canister for me. That's all the pics I've got of that brake line mount.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
blazers have charcoal canisters, just up front in the engine bay....

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Hey. I looked through all my pics. I can't find any. But I will take some for you. Of my brake line braket and my canister. I will try to get it for you tommorrow. Might finish mine up too. so, i should be able to.
Later

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
I just used the stock brake line hanger and bent the hard line up slightly so the brake hanger reaches to the top of the notch side plate. then I welded the brake hanger to the side of the notch plate

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks drps10

futuresweets10, thats what i figured id end up doing. is the piece of rubber hose still long enuf from the top of the notch?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
first impressions said:
thanks drps10

futuresweets10, thats what i figured id end up doing. is the piece of rubber hose still long enuf from the top of the notch?
was for me. If you want me to I can run outside in the AM and take some pics of it. I would now, but its too cold and im too lazy

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
cab said:
lol.. mine's a blazer. no charcoal canister for me. That's all the pics I've got of that brake line mount.

werd, either your truck is too old and it doesnt have it, or its up front under the hood. doesnt have anythin to do with a blazer. in 2nd gen blazers the can is outside of the frame behind the drivers side tire.

Back to brake lines, heres what I normally do, just rebend the line and make a bracket for it somewhere..

·
Vicious Kustoms
148 Posts
AV did you make that bridge that looks sweet i need some thing like that for my blazer. oh and ill have pics of my frame as soon as i get off my lazy ass and get batteries for my camera.

Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts