S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, gonna change all the brake lines on my Jimmy. The flex lines are gonna get done while I'm at it and the rear wheel cylinders too. Calipers have done fairly recently. Just wondering for sure what size line it has. Didn't know for sure if it has 1/4"or 3/16" or maybe 4.75 or 6mm Thanks for any help, the search function isn't working here. Si.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,092 Posts
All 3/16" lines accept the front to rear line is 1/4"
^
No they're not. That's true from 94-early '00,but From OP's name I'm gonna go out on a limb,and say he's got an '03? If so in mid '00 GM up sized the front lines to match the rear...kinda retarded that I know this,but I came across it while replacing front hoses on a '00 blazer,and when upgrading my '96 with DP brakes from an '04.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
I just checked my 1999 Jimmy, just to see for myself as if I've been wrong about my customer's cars.

My truck for sure is 3/16" to the front flex hoses.

I've never seen any vehicle use 1/4" to the wheels.

Every vehicle that I can remember doing brake lines on in the last 45 years has had 3/16" to the wheels, and inmost cases, 1/4" front to rear line.

Seeing as the latest S-series I have available to confirm line size in my 1999 Jimmy, I cannot vouch for later trucks.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,092 Posts
^
Lol. I checked my '04 after I posted...it does in fact have the same size line to the rear hose to the front brake hoses. I stated '00 was the change year on blazers...the brake code dictates what lines. I don't do brake lines,they don't rust out here! lol! BUT I did do them in Ohio,but yes most vehicles have 3/16 lines to the front..most! not mid '00&up blazers or ANY crewcabs. Like I posted:

^
No they're not. That's true from 94-early '00,but From OP's name I'm gonna go out on a limb,and say he's got an '03? If so in mid '00 GM up sized the front lines to match the rear...kinda retarded that I know this,but I came across it while replacing front hoses on a '00 blazer,and when upgrading my '96 with DP brakes from an '04.
'99 blazer hoses:

'01 blazer hoses:

Same goes for 4wd. What changed? Line size!

I'm going to put it out there to not sound like a dick. AWD V8 is a brilliant technician! Ive seen many posts that are spot on! but when it comes to s10's? Like duke nukem says "they don't make em better then me" :haha:

I blew up my '97,so I replaced her with an '03..what size lines are those little brother?

'03 2wd pickup RF line/caliper hose union

'03 2wd pickup abs pump inlet/outlet brake lines

Why contradict,then in the same paragraph state "I can't vouch for younger trucks"? OP's name is "03jimmy" safe bet he's working on an 03.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,092 Posts
^
Like I said. The only reason I know,I put '04 knuckles&hoses on my '97 blazer 4x4,and was like wtf?!??:haha: so I had to get hoses from a '98-'00 blazer,or use adapters. Then I came across it again doing a front overhaul w/hoses on a '00 jimmy at work. They sent me the wrong hoses...I remembered the difference,asked for '01 hoses,and they where correct. I mean seriously,who looks at brake lines unless your find yourself in the situation like your familiar with&replacing them?

Speaking of that,you&I or someone trustworthy up north needs to set up a deal to get these mint fuel,brake lines,and body panels from me,and send me crispy northern interior parts!! :haha: we could clean up! you see what my 11 year old truck looks like!! Look at that grey frame!! Look at it! shit on the lots up there aren't this clean,lol. you&I both know how difficult it is to get some of these fuel lines too!!

·
Forever breaking this S10
5,489 Posts
I'll get some boxes ready. Nothing quite like losing rear brakes when you have to slam on your brakes after a lady cuts you off. Rusty brake lines suck. Meanwhile we have all of these perfect black/grey interior parts because the motors blew up or the frames cracked.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,092 Posts
^
Sad thing is that true! One thing I noticed up there is people don't change their oil!! Wtf! Here the most raggedy car gets its oil changed every 3,000 miles,lol

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
^
thanks for this info i was actually looking to replace the hardlines on my truck and would have bought 3/16 line, had i not seen this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your argument guys. 👍I almost bought 3/16. Got a great deal on an 03 and its been a maintenance headache since. Lost the rear brakes, front brakes, and 4wd. Im sure the frame will rust before I get it working perfect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nicop is better if you have to flare and/or bend it.stainless has the longevity factor goin for it.

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.