S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help please I have already replaced the brakelight switch and the column multi function switch and the rear brake lights still will not shut off. I traced all the wire and have not found any broken or abraided lines. what else could have short to make them stay on the center brake light on the cab is the only one that is not on. I disconnected the brakelight swith and they are still activated ....please help..I dont need another stupid ticket this week.

·
ONLY 95MPH ?!?!?!?!
203 Posts
Taillights but no top stop...??? hymmm, doesnt sound like a brake switch, did you break or mess with the hazard / 4 way switch?? if you put them on do they blink or stay lit??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do stay on I bought a new well multi function switch because I thought it was the hazard switch causing the problem. I do not know what else unless there is something in the abs system for a wire crossed some where I am really frustrated with this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
so i have the same issue and i dont want to hijack your thread or anything but does anyone have a solution to this issue, iv'e read wear a lot of people on this forum have had similar, almost exact issues, soo someone has to know the answer to the "i replaced the brake switch and checked everything else but still theres a problem" question.... i mean there has to be a solution to this problem!

·
StLowlife
53 Posts
Check The Wiring thats goes from the fire wall to the fuse relay center. i hit the wire cluster with my tire and that caused my brake lights to stay on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My break lights are staying on. I have taken out fueses and the only ones that makes a difference is when I take the turn signal fuese out. I have changed the break switch and the hazard won't work. I think it is the turn signal. The new switch is $170.00. I am going to take apart tomorrow and see if I can check. I will let all know.

·
Registered
270 Posts
check you bulbs in the back. If you keep your foot on the brakes for long periods of time, the contacts in the bulbs will melt and make contact with the park light side of the bulb. disable your DRL and see if the brake lights go out. Also check the grounds at the back of the truck. the tail lights will do all kinds of weird stuff if the ground's not good

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anyone ever come up with anything? Mine is doing this now. Normally I just mash the break pedal a few times and turn the lights on and off like I am sending a secret code. After a few tries this works and they go out. This doesn't happen all the time. Just once in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts