S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am a LAZY BITCH
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run into a problem with no brake lights. I have power to the switch (orange wire), but for some reason i also have power to the white wire going to the lights. If i ground out the the white wire i have interior lights, but as soon as i hit the brake switch i blow the fuse, but my interior lights stay on. Am i missing a ground? Any help would be apreciated. Thanks

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
electrical problems are teh suck. I had a short somewhere about a month ago and it caused none of my running lights or interior lights to work. I jacked my truck up and followed every single wire and wirebrushed my gounds. I found out that three wires were crushed between my bed and frame. A little solder and heatshrink and the problem was solved. The only way to find it is to trace back every wire. If you have a trailer hitch harness check thta like Remington said. What sucks about electrical systems is that one wire can throw the entire thing off. Good luck.

·
I am a LAZY BITCH
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do not have a trailer switch, but if i ground a white wire in the back my interior light come on. But then the fuse blows for the brake lights. Ill just have to trace them all down and see if i missed a ground somewere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts