S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's a S-Series thing...
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 1995 S-10 Blazer 4x4. A while back, my brake lights stopped working. They come on with the headlights, and the turn signals work on bot sides. However, nothing happens when I tap the brakes, including the LED third light. I checked the fuses on the side of the dash and they all looked ok. I swapped the brake light fuse with a new one just in case with no change. I am lost when it comes to electricity. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Dump em' Out
5,502 Posts
the brake light switch should be located on the actual brake pedal. you will need to removed the lower dash trim panels to really get at it. On your brake pedal you will see a little nub that is on the side where the pushrod for the booster connects to. on that nub there will be a little boxy thing that clips on around the pushrod. that box is the brake light switch. they are not that difficult to replace.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Yup, check the brake light switch for power on both sides when applied. If you have that, remember that the power for the brake lights goes through the signal switch before it goes to the rear. If you have power into the light switch connector, check for power coming out with the brake pedal applied. If you have power coming out, then it's somewhere in the harness going to the lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts