S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 S-10 rg. cab. I have 16,000 on it now. i was just wondering if the brakes on these trucks were pretty reliable, I have seen some smaller pickups that really go through the brakes. How long do the Pads and Shoes usually last? Thanks guys..

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have to change my front once a year and the rear once every 2 years.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
I changed my front pads in high school with some ray bestos pads. Last time I checked they still looked pretty good I'd say 40% left maybe. I changed the fronts over 2 years ago. I haven't changed the rear shoes yet, I did clean them up and lubed the backing plates about a year ago.

·
Registered
920 Posts
my first set of fronts only lasted 22 thousand, my set now has 33k on them and are still ok, proablly have to change them in the late spring

my rear drums are still fine

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have gone through about 4 sets. Each lasted about 14k miles. I got tired of it and tossed in some 12" rotors and spindles from a B-body. I'll have to see how they last.

·
Registered
718 Posts
stippy32 said:
my first set of fronts only lasted 22 thousand, my set now has 33k on them and are still ok, proablly have to change them in the late spring

my rear drums are still fine
mine also lasted 22k, i've put 38k on this set....i dont know if they are worn or not, i've never had the back ones checked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts