S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
not from canada
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

You guys have helped me out alot with this 83' truck, thanks a lot. I got all the way home and the brakes quit working...I bought a new gasket for master cylinder resivoir and topped it off. The brakes still felt extremely squishy, so I figure I'll bleed them. Upon removing the wheel and about to bleed the front caliper I notice the brake hose has a big tear in it, so I ordered a set of Stainless Steel brake lines along with speed bleeders from LMC Truck.

Will I need any special tools to remove the lines? I have had to buy copper washers that install on the caliper where the hose meets it because they can only be used once, is that the case with these s10's as well?

Thanks again,

CD

·
Pushrod for life!
3,480 Posts
yes you can use them only once. as for special toold needed you will need some flarenut wrenches. or regular wrenches, kist make sure you don't round the fittings

·
Mr. Clean
828 Posts
Yeah, those brass crush washers can only be used one. Make sure you remove the old ones. They are easy to overlook and can be hard to get off. These trucks can be a pain to bleed too so it might take a while. Other than that, it's a pretty easy job.

·
not from canada
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I guess Ill go buy 6 crush washers :), Do you guys think ill notice a performance gain by installing these braided lines?

·
Mr. Clean
828 Posts
Hmm, you should. Older brake lines expand and contract alot. The new brake lines won't so you'll probably notice less of a "cushy" feeling when you hit the brakes. If you put new pads all around too, you'll really tell a difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts