S-10 Forum banner

Brake bleeding fiasco - S10 Blazer Brake and 8.8 rear disk brake upgrade

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  4sdimes 
I built a pressure bleeder using a garden sprayer and a part off ebay to clamp the reservoir, but for $65 that kit is pretty legit. Pressure bleeding has been my go-to method and never failed me.

If you squeezed a hose shut and it caused internal damage, it usually results in a flow restriction making the pedal harder to press and causing the brake to drag until the fluid slowly goes back into the master.

The brake bleeder screws bottom out on a tapered seat to seal the fluid. The teflon tape isn't needed, but it does help with vacuum bleeding though, I'd always get bubbles from air going past the threads and I never felt comfortable with the job.

You can try to double check the master is bled by having someone pump and hold the pedal down while you crack the lines on the master one by one. This solved the problem for me on a Buick, air was trapped at the end of the master and cracking the front line got it out.

I also like to tap on some parts while brake fluid is being pushed around, like the rear calipers on any car with an integrated parking brake. I'll tape all over the caliper with my wrench to try and dislodge any air bubbles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.