S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who was that on here that used the bpr Lt's in a blazer chasis? I searched, but could not find it...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here are two build that used them, although they are both 1st gens they used the 2nd gen headers (so that they could run the 1 3/4" and keep all if the tubes inside the frame) and they had to do a little cutting. You should not have to since they were designed for the 2nd gen.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/lsx-swap-into-91-s10-blazer-lq9-l92-494524/

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/89-blazer-lq9-4l80-build-490707/

I purchased the BRP/hedman mid-lengths since I'm more concerned about having more torque in the lower RPM's than have a few more HP in the upper RPM's, I'm running a 5.3 with a cam. Fedex will be delivering them to me tomorrow.

onequick ss made 407rwhp, 440rwtq using the mid-lengths on his truck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Long tubes give up nothing at any RPM over shorties or mid length headers. They are better everywhere.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Long tubes give up nothing at any RPM over shorties or mid length headers. They are better everywhere.
That is correct if you have enough motor to support the larger primary size. The shorty and mid lengths are 1 5/8" whereas the long tubes start at 1 3/4" so on a smaller motor such as 4.8/5.3 the velocity of the exhaust gasses slow down a considerable amount going up in primary size. The problem is most dynos don't measure below 2500-3000 rpm's which is where the smaller primary tube will have the advantage. I personally wish that someone offered 1 5/8" long tube headers.

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I couldnt find those threads anywhere!! Actually, never even seen those builds....LOL There was some others, but tif they fit that old squares(which I like better), they will fit the new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts