S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pics of setups that have boxed in STOCK frames? im gonna be starting mine after xmas. just wanted to see how people did it. and please dont post pointless stuff like "just weld a piece of steel on there and there you go". i already know that. just wanted to see how people dealt with the angles and if anyone has any pics of it with stock shock mounts. thanks

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Here's a few pics of mine. I only boxed it in like 5" in front of and behind the notches, just for some extra strength pretty much... If ya have time, it'd be easiest to make a cutout of the piece that needs to be cut with like posterboard or cardboard.. Just trim it til it fits exactly like ya want it then trace it onto a steel sheet and cut it out. I didnt do that tho, I just made like 3 measurements, one on each side and one in the middle (measuring heights) and cut it... I grinded it to make it fit in nicely, but it works... Anyways, here they are:

btw, I grinded mine down to make em smooth, if ya cant tell hehe.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Heres a tip: AirRide sells pre-cut pieces to box in s10 frames. Give Tony a shout over there, may save ya some time and effort.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
ive got some pics and templates for boxing the frame rails in.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea slammy thats awesome. mine will soon be like that. ill hafta look into this air ride stuff. if its cheap it would be worth it. better than cuttin it outta a big sheet with a friggin grinder

·
circa 1996
500 Posts
DimeBag said:
yea slammy thats awesome. mine will soon be like that. ill hafta look into this air ride stuff. if its cheap it would be worth it. better than cuttin it outta a big sheet with a friggin grinder
,man i used 6" wide by 1/8" plate steel
Made a card board template and cut it with the torch actually.No hard and it was fast

·
circa 1996
500 Posts
cab said:
A torch would be nice... whats one cost? With tank or whatever else is needed...
Well a setup like mine is around 100 for each of the 2 regulators and about 100 for each tank.You could problay work a deal with a local welding shop though cause thats what i did.I think i got 100 in my whole setup.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I used a piece of 4" c-channel in the back to box in the frame in the back, so I think I'm going to use that to box in the frame around the notch.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Call Tony up, you will get your answer much easier. and they arnt listed but hes told me about them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts