S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any standard cab speaker box plans laying around? How about center console plans? I have tried to make my own a good six times and always end up screwing somehting up that involves fitting and looking alright in my 1996 S10.

Also, does anyone know where to find a good basket for for my S10? It sucks hard, every single one I get ends up looking like complete crap with space between and half working mount points. I want something that will actually work!

·
The change has come. . .
101 Posts
What I am doing is makin a sub box of MDF, or plywood, with a fiberglass front. I will use two tens with a small Lightning audio amp; the amp and subs are yellow to match the engine because my truck is blue and the mods are yellow. It will go from the plastic panel down to the little lip and witll look like a right triangle with a curve in it to give it a nice look. It will be closed off from the jack because a vehivle should always have a jack for emergencies, but the entire box will cover it for looks. I will send you pictures later. If you want I can build you one and specify for 8 or 10 inch subs, whatever you prefer. Let me know. Pictures later.

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I was using twelves, I was just wondering what people where doing. Like design wise if everyone just made it up, or if they design what they want to do.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
shove the jack under the seat and use the extra airspace you'll get...best thing to do, for a standard cab, if you cant make the boxes right, go buy some truck wedge boxes from Circuit City.

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basket for the CD player man. To mount it in the dash, you have to put a piece of ugly plastic over it in order to make it fit.

Jacket, Cover, etc. Don't know what they are "oficially" called, but I am sure you must know what I am talking about. Mine sucks and looks ugly, was looking for one that was not among the above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts