S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been working on making a custom woofer enclosure to fit in my 97 sonoma reg cab. Its the first box ive made completly from scratch, its not the first box building ive participated in though. I built it using 3/4 mdf, glassed it, bondo it, then carpeted it. Its got A brownish tan carpet, it matches the carpet in my truck ok. Its got red lights that should light up the amp pretty nice. Its got rockford fosgate punch 200s amp with 2 ten inch RF woofers. All I need is a capacitor, wire kit, and some detail work done on the box and its good to go. Roy
Click here for more pics.

*good hint for buget mini truckers. If your looking for some stainless steel, go to wal-mart and buy one of their square cookie pans (or sheets some call them) that have a flat bottom, it was like 3 dollars and it polishes up nice with never dull and is really easy to cut, bend and work with. You get a nice size peice also lol*

Attachments

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
that looks tight as hell, especially for a first time, hellofalot better than i could do :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
A girl I chill with built a box just like that last wednsday for her single cab 99 s-10 almost same set up too. I don't which model subs she has but the amp is the 800s I believe or something like that.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
like the box, how much air space does each sub have inside, and do you lose any clicks on the seat?

also the 83 wagon is pretty cool, if it was mine, id remove some of that trim, tint the windows, and lower it... it would be kinda different.. haha :thumbup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cubic feet is at 2 (its actually a lil over but i just rounded it) and thats including thickness of wood and inset in the middle. .75-1.5 is recommended for each woofer. I should be set. I havnt installed it in my truck yet because im waiting on my capacitor and wiring kit. But im gonna loose some clicks, but im ok with that. Im thinking of installing some racing seats (not because my 2.2 is so fast) but because it leaves me more room to play. I wish I had enough room to isntall some seats that spin or swivel 360 degrees. Because i thought about installing playstation onto my box and then when parked, you could spin the seats around and face the woofers playing video games or what not. If i had ex-cab i would but mines regular.
The wagon was awesome! But I had to get rid of it, actually, No body wanted to buy it so I gave it to a guy I know who fixed it up enough to drive on the road. My 88 s-10 broke down on me after A night of extremely hard running. It has 241k on it so i decided it was time for new vehicle. I wanted a blazer, 96 but I couldnt afford it. So it was this sonoma or a blue s-10 basemodel with big door dent, ripped seat and 2.2 auto. yuk.
I wish their was chicks around here that were into the mini truck scene. Heck, theirs very few people that are into the mini's anymore, and if they are, their truck is ghetto to no extreme. Thanks for props. roy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts