S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Z-34.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across any billet or aluminum overlays for the small gold bowties on the Xtreme emblems?

I guess silver vinyl would be alright too. Just wondering if anyone has done anything about them - kinda sick of the gold.

·
Gettin' Lucky In Kentucky
1,138 Posts
Shave Em.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Go to ebay. They have lots of great looks/styles for the S-10
I got carbon fiber overlays for mine.
Cost $8.00 two years ago, came with overlays for the grill, both doors, and the tailgate. Plus he sent two sets, in case one got messed up.

·
Z-34.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
absolutcain said:
i dont know if you could get any more lazy..
Thanks for the contribution ass. :mad:

Go to ebay. They have lots of great looks/styles for the S-10
Centex, I saw those but the bowtie on the S-10 emblem is slightly larger than the bowties on the Xtreme emblems (I compared them) LOL.

Thanks for the link though. I'll email and ask if they have them for the Xtreme. :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Learned something new... I thought they were all the same size..
he's normally got about a jillion things on his website. they even have the carbon fiber with chrome look around the outside and xtreme across the middle. Probably after the new year..

·
Z-34.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CenTex said:
Learned something new... I thought they were all the same size..
he's normally got about a jillion things on his website. they even have the carbon fiber with chrome look around the outside and xtreme across the middle. Probably after the new year..
I might just give them a try though. You said you bought them like 2 years ago, how are they holding up?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Excellent! I live in Texas and they haven't changed, fadded, or melted. Look as good as the day I bought them (except for the random bug splatter).

·
Z-34.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CenTex said:
Excellent! I live in Texas and they haven't changed, fadded, or melted. Look as good as the day I bought them (except for the random bug splatter).
Really, that's good. I think I'm gonna go ahead and give em a try! I have a billet bowtie for the grille, I just wanted to cover up the gold bowtie emblems on the doors/tailgate! :D

Thank you for all of your help.

·
Registered
603 Posts
That would work, But for me, I'd have to waste a hell of a lot of time finding the stuff in the first place, the cutting part is easy, but I don't live in an area that has very many hobby shops or sources that sell different vinyl patterns. It's easier to buy off of ebay.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
i do vinyl and sometimes the overlays look good and sometimes they look like crap...all depends...i did a hot lookin one on my fathers z71 suburban..i took the z71 logo and cut it out in the vinyl so the white vinyl covers the bowtie but the z71 comes through in the original gold of the bowtie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts