S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
raceannouncer
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this group after picking up a used black 2002 Xtreme standard cab with only 8500 miles on it. 4.3V6, 5spd, air, tilt/cruise, pw/pl, AM/FM/CD with stock speakers. I'm already having a lot of fun with it. Minor mods include ventvisors, shelf-it interior shelf, bowtie 3rd brake light cover and mini bugshield.

Coming soon: Gaylord's Speedsturr Wing hard cover, cowl induction hood, Rhino liner, etc.

Thanks for the forum and the group!

Mike Paz

Attachments

·
raceannouncer
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Even though I have to drive this through the winter, I plan on taking care of it as much as possible: frequent washes, lots of lubrication and all that good stuff!

Mike Paz

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Looks good, good find also, reg cab, 4.3 5 speed low miles. Awesome. Whats with the toneau wing? I hope there isn't really a wing on it. Looks good though, welcome.

·
raceannouncer
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a new design hard cover by Gaylords...not really a wing but a small upswept spoiler at the rear of the cover. I like the way it looks and thought it would look good on the x.

check pics @ www.gaylordslids.com (NOT the Speedsturr "Speedbump" but the "Speedstur Wing".

Mike Paz

·
stock is the new fixed up
530 Posts
nice ride, dunno if i missed it somewhere, but how much did you pick it up for? you must of gotten the weekend truck, cause my 02 came with 21k mi.

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
ir casue u don't drive urs at lall....i like to drive mine al the time esopecailly drunk

·
raceannouncer
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Chevy dealer that had this truck picked it up at an auction during the summer. I first saw it in August and they were asking $12999 sticker, $12299 "best price" back then. Not bad, but I continued to look around to replace my normal daily driver. When I went by the dealership 3 weeks ago, it was still there. Knowing that it was the same truck, I went in with an offer of $9999. They countered at $10999 and along with a few minor additions, I decided to buy it at that price. I found a set of stock steel rims to mount the blizzaks on to save the normal x wheels for summer use only.

I believe the truck would have sold quicker in this area with an automatic and extended cab. I prefer the looks of the standard cab and really wanted the 5spd. I thought the deal was pretty good.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Mike Paz
motorsports announcer

·
Old Man
260 Posts
xtrememeasures said:
ir casue u don't drive urs at lall....i like to drive mine al the time esopecailly drunk
If that was intended for me...you are closer to the truth. When I first got it, I drove it 900 miles total. Then it was put in storage for 5-6 months. Then in 2002 I drove it 2500 miles, then it got parked again for 5-6 months. This past summer I it drove more, but again...parked since October for the winter. I am seriously thinking of not bothering to take it out at all next summer. Who knows. I have 4 cars/trucks so the X is just a toy for me.

Sorry Mike, back to subject...I think you got a great deal for it, have a lot of fun with it.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
wow, great deal....I looked all over for a 4.3 5 spd in this area....none. Wish I could've found that STEAL!! I'm jealous. Oh well, walked out with a brand new 2.2 03 with 2 miles on it for like 9,500 after tax title and license.....but its still not that great a deal.

Caleb

·
raceannouncer
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments! I think I made a great score, too!
There were some minor issues: the tailgate has a dent on the top rail (which will be covered by the hard cover). The bed is scratched up (that will be taken care of by the Rhino Liner I'm having done just after New Year's)...and there are two paint imperfections on the hood. Those will have to wait for the cowl induction hood replacement down the road.

I have looked at 2 different manufacturers for that hood, Keystone "Good Hood" and A&A Fiberglass. I would like to re-stripe the new hood with the stock stripes: does anybody if either of those two hoods or some other design "accepts" the stock striping without too much modification? If not, I will probably remove the stripes from the whole truck....

Thanks!

Mike Paz

·
Old Man
260 Posts
Have you looked at Goodmark hoods, I think the quality of them speaks for themselves. I had the 2nd style gen hood and I found a place in my local area that was going to re-stripe it. He told me the precut stripes would not work because they would end up looking narrower due to the rise in the hood. He was going to cut stripe directly on the hood to get the right width. I would have trusted him to do it, but in the end I sold the hood instead. It never saw a day on my truck. :( From what others have said in this furum, fibreglass hoods, although lighter, don't fit right and need a lot of finicky prep to fill pin holes and stuff. Steel is the best way to go IMO.

Wylde

·
raceannouncer
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WyldeXtreme:

Can you send me pix of your duals setup? I would like to run dual exhaust out the back just like yours...

Thanks!

Mike Paz

1 - 20 of 22 Posts