S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped my blazer x with a 2/3 belltech kit about 3 weeks ago. lately, it seems like i bottom out all the time in the back.

have i cut my bump stops too short in the back?

·
24HR Reflector Collector
316 Posts
i dunno if its any different between a blazer and a dime, but i got a 2/3 drop on my s-10 and i didnt even have to cut my bump stops

·
i wanna go fast
656 Posts
Did you install leaf springs or blocks?
If you did leaf springs it shouldn't be that close.
If you did blocks then you are 4.5" lower in the back, so you would have to trim/remove the bumpstops.

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used 3 inch belltech blocks and i cut about 3 inches off the bump stop. i know that the bump stops are collapseable, but i may have cut too much off. (not enough left to collapse...hence, why i bottom out?)

·
( . Y . )
1,279 Posts
airjon23 said:
i dropped my blazer x with a 2/3 belltech kit about 3 weeks ago. lately, it seems like i bottom out all the time in the back.

have i cut my bump stops too short in the back?
I'm having the same problem with mine its a 95 S-10 with a 2/3 drop using belltech spindles and 3in blocks in the rear. It was fine for the first couple weeks and now it just rides like shit. :stupid:

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
well if its an Xtreme you first off have the zq8 suspension which is 2" lower so you now have a drop of 4/5... and it requires you to cut the whole bracket not just the rubber of the bumpstop...

·
2.2 drifter
1,907 Posts
i just pulled out my 4,3 drop to a 2,3 drop for the winter, and it bottoms out all the time, wait, i have 400 pounds of weight in back, but i would cut the bumpstop down a bunch, and if that fails, do up the bracket

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
slamd98s said:
well if its an Xtreme you first off have the zq8 suspension which is 2" lower so you now have a drop of 4/5... and it requires you to cut the whole bracket not just the rubber of the bumpstop...
actually the zq8 suspension is only about a 1.5" drop all around.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
97sdime said:
Try getting some drop shocks if all else fails.. otherwise i say bag it
the blazer x's stock bilsteins are fine with a 2/3 drop on top of the zq8. they ride fine. a buddy of mine dropped his blazerx 2/3 and is still riding on the bilstiens without any problems. he did however completely remove the rear bumpstop.

oh man im bottoming out on my bump stop.. instead of cutting it off let me go spend $1200+ on a bag kit.. that makes sense..

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
The suspension components are 1.5" lower than stock but with the firestone tires being a different series it makes it another .5" therefor you have a 2" lower than stock drop...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
slamd98s said:
The suspension components are 1.5" lower than stock but with the firestone tires being a different series it makes it another .5" therefor you have a 2" lower than stock drop...
I never saw him post that he had smaller tires.

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Man they come stock with smaller tires on an Xtreme...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
slamd98s said:
Man they come stock with smaller tires on an Xtreme...
Compared to what? Stock size on a regular s-10 is 27.1 tall and on the blazer x its the same. I did alittle research and I think I found the correct stock tire size for the blazer xtremes of 235/60/16 and a stock s-10 is 205/75/15. I think the pickup xtremes come with 235/55/16 which is 26.2.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
ok everybody calm down.. the question being asked is for a blazer, not a pickup. the rear bumpstop, and clearenence issues with a blazer and a pickup are totally different.

so to answer your question, yes you should remove the entire bumstop, then install an aftermarket one that is only aobut 3/4" tall, and if you still continue to bottom out on the frame, you may need a bolt in notch.

also, a very stiff drop shock might help some also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts