1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I like the Boss better. I wouldn't worry about the brake caliper tho. You really only see the rotor, cuz the caliper is dark anyways. And shit, the rear drums look way worse, lol.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
I like the Boss one too. Although I have the Stealths so I like those...If you live near the beach i say stay away from chrome, this salt is hell on my rims..

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys think 18s will look good on mine?

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will I have any problems with the wheel being 9in wide? Like rubbing probs.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Yea nine inch may be a little to wide...is your truck lowered or anything? I have 18x8.5 on mine with 245/45/18 and I had some rubbing problems when turning hard..but not bad..im not sure I like the Falkens..

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Im at the stock height. The falkens are kinda rice looking. I cant find any other rims that I like.

·
Registered
839 Posts
stealths would probably look better on an s-10

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:bowdown: Looks awesome. Do you have any closeups of the rim and the brake rotor I just want to see how it looks. Someone photoshopped my truck with stealths and it looks pretty good. Just cant get away from the 304s. If I got them in 20s i could get 8.5 wide. but i think 20s look too big on small pickups.

·
2.2 drifter
1,907 Posts
i have a friend selling 304's right now, he just got them off of his jimmy he is doing 20 inch boss(10 spoke) they are in perfect condition, i'm not shure what the backspacing is and he was dropped 2,3 they looked awsome and if you want to do kmc steaths, you can go cheaper only in 20's with msr wheels they are identical to steaths.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey whats size are the 304s? I really like those wheels they are just too damn wide. Id have problems when I drop the truck but would they be alright at stock height?

·
2.2 drifter
1,907 Posts
18x9's, you would half to buy tires though, his jimmy was dropped 2,3 with no rubbing, i can get more info if you want
\

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bringing back an old topic :). I just found a set of 304s on ebay with tires for 500 bux. Should I go for it? Im just worried about the 9in wide deal. BTW the tires are 225/40s

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
I too was drawn to these rims. I placed a down payment and got the set of 4 rims for $890 total. I still owe $760 and they are sitting in the corner of the Tire Barn showroom. Then I found out about the possible problems with the offset possibly causing it to rub at full lock. The only fixs are to have 2 of the rims narrowed about an inch or so(prob outrageously expensive as well as possibly ruins the finish of the wheel. Install drop spindles which push out the wheels 1/2 inch, or install billet wheel adapter spacker which I have found in 1.3 and 1.8 inch widths. Your best bet would be to install drop spindles and 1.3 inch spacers in the front and 1.8 inch spacers in the rear and then you won't have clearance problems anymore, but now you will possibly have another problem: The rims looking bow-legged on the truck. You know like 13 inch wire wheels but that could be solved with some custom fender flares. It really is a pain in the butt, but they are such beautiful wheels though. I still haven't decided what route I am going to take. It is worth it though, because you will know that almost no one has these rims on another S-series truck.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah they are some of the best looking rims. It says its designed for S10s but the dumbasses made them too wide. I think Im gonna have to look at some other rims. Anyone got any suggestions on new rims?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i was gonna prolly buy those 304's for 500 with the 225/40 rubber but the damn tire just looked too narrow....im also on the look for rims.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts