S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, On my 2k2 BlazerX, Is the amp part of the factory head unit or is it separate?. Some people have told me that its built in the deck and others have told me each speaker is individually ampped. Working on box for back and would like to know if there is a provision for a sub. My 99 ZR2 didnt have the Bose setup. All I did was run wires off the rears for my box. Made a big difference but I want to do this one as neat and correct as I can....Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bose systems can either have small amps for each speaker or a seperate amp to power them all. either way they suck and are a pain in the ass to work with. Best thing to do is pull a door panel off and check behind the 6.5" and see if there is a tiny amp on it. If not it will just have the normal 2 wire plug on it. either way I recommend bypassing the amp if u plan on upgrading the head unit. Often the new deck, mixed with the bose amp will cause either ugly distortion or a terrible hiss.

Best bet is to take it back to the dealer and ask them why u got charged like an extra 2 grand for a shiity sound system and make them take it out!

if it is a single amp to power the speakers it is usually located behind the pass. rear panel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts