S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone hear anything good about the borla turbo style muffler. it says its good for the four cylinders, which is me...:cry:

·
Registered
217 Posts
ive got one on my truck its probably the best one to use on the 4 bangers cause of its design i got good sound with mine and it wsnt a ricey sound like what u get with the ultra-flow from them :thumbup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
A borla muffler is the only thing I'm asking for this Christmas. Truckracer666, what size is the muffler you got? You say the sound is good, can you try to give me some kind of objective description of how loud it might be compared to, say, a stock system or a common aftermarket muffler?

Thanks!

-Chris

·
Registered
217 Posts
my stuff is all custom i made a mistake though i dont have the borla turbo muffler i have the dynomax one ive heard borla works good on these engines but i havent seen anything to produce a huge amout of hp that makes me wanna run out and change from what ive got :drinkhaha

·
Entoxicated Hoodlum
105 Posts
I have a borla turbo....it rocks. Very nice sound, the price was right, and coupled with the few other bolt ons Ive done, my lil 2.2 is a lot more fun to drive. I have the 2.25 inlet/outlet. Than I had it all exit right in front of the rear wheel. Put a nice 2 1/2 inch chrome tip on it and it makes a custom look for a hell of a lot cheaper than they try to sell you in th maazines!!!!! I say go for it!!:thumbup:

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 40 series on my truck (80 bux :D ) i like it, but my bed vibrates like crazy now, plus theres an odd rattle, any one else?

I cut off the old tail pipe and muffler, bolted the new one on, and just put a turn down on the end (I'll make it exit the side one day).

-RJ

·
Entoxicated Hoodlum
105 Posts
its well worth the money. Nice smooth power all the way through. Nice gas milage, I noticed a differance right out of the box .....One thing I would say to try and find one on something like ebay, or another on line dist. I was talking to SonomaPilot, and he said he paid like 200 someodd bucks for the thing. I found mine brand new on ebay for 85 bucks! Maybe I was extremly lucky, but maybe its worth shopping around for. Believe me you'll notice an improvemnet, and you'll love it! :thumbup: Its done absolute wonders for these lil 2.2ers......

·
Registered
214 Posts
Stifflou said:
I have a borla turbo....it rocks. Very nice sound, the price was right, and coupled with the few other bolt ons Ive done, my lil 2.2 is a lot more fun to drive. I have the 2.25 inlet/outlet. Than I had it all exit right in front of the rear wheel. Put a nice 2 1/2 inch chrome tip on it and it makes a custom look for a hell of a lot cheaper than they try to sell you in th maazines!!!!! I say go for it!!:thumbup:
Stifflou, you 'da man! :D Tell me this, though. Do you have the smaller 14" case or the longer 19" case? I think the 19" case will fit the stock pipes better, but I don't want it to be too quiet.

-Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts