S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys have the best service and i really wanna give my money to a company that nows what their doing but ive noticed your rollpans are weld on application would i be able to bolt it on or is it not meant to be modified to bolt on. thanks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
you can bolt it on, drill and screw it, but there made to be weldeed on tho

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
You could weld on some mounting tabs, our pans are best welded on though.

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but gm factory rollpans have license plate boxes and sir micheals smooth pans are expensive i just dont want to weld it on

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
They might be a little expensive but they are great rollpans. Go with the SirMichaels pan for sure if you want bolt in.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
don't forget cando specialties... they're cheaper than the sir michaels pans, and fit fantastic. they're meant to be weld on, but they add mounting tabs for you.

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
or you can just fit it... and drill holes and run bolts and washers through... thats what im doing till i get mine welded... it holds great... just use some fender screws, 2 washers on each side and a nylon locknut... 5 holes and that thing is on GOOOOD

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
I had mine held on with screws on the top and the bottom just kinda flapped around while i was mocking it up. If you cant weld i guess you can make a little bracket on the bottom corner to screw/bolt to the bed side but there'd be a bolt head stick out on the bottom just hope no one looks underneath. lol

·
Tommy
1,465 Posts
I got the cando bolt on pan for my 93 blazer so I didnt have to weld it on till later but damn it was bad, its designed to like overlap the body on the outside and bolt on, real bullsh*t if u ask me, ended up cutting down the edges and welding it on. Sir michaels all the way if ur going bolt on.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Tfreestyle said:
I got the cando bolt on pan for my 93 blazer so I didnt have to weld it on till later but damn it was bad, its designed to like overlap the body on the outside and bolt on, real bullsh*t if u ask me, ended up cutting down the edges and welding it on. Sir michaels all the way if ur going bolt on.
for my 01 s10, you couldn't have asked for a better fit.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yo man I can get a GM roll pan for 50 shipped PM if the weld on app dont work well

·
Registered
105 Posts
i got a cando bolt on rollpan and i diddnt fit goot to bolt it on so i got it welded in and it looks way better.. but if ur gonna get a bolt on go with sir mikes there the best bolt on...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just wondering, but are the SD rollpan's made specifically for S-10's? I don't want to deal with cutting and fitting and I'm a bit confused because it's described as a minitruck rollpan...

·
Registered
105 Posts
xtremechris said:
Just wondering, but are the SD rollpan's made specifically for S-10's? I don't want to deal with cutting and fitting and I'm a bit confused because it's described as a minitruck rollpan...
well if u go on the website and go to mini rollpans to the right it says size and then u pick S10..

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
xtremechris said:
Our S10 Grant Fab pans are the BEST weld in fit they make, period.

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts