·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol no im not buyin it just wanted to see what you guys thought of it

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
My opinion, and as said by someone else... "If it was made right, all the bars would go forward. Reverse 4-links are for people too lazy to move the gas tank or sit down and figure out the right way to do it."

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
wow thats shitty! the thing is a reverse four link which is not advisable in the first place. if you look closely at it, the lower bars and lower bar mounts are either KP's canti bars, or very close coppies. the upper bars are two long, and so the truck would probably feel kinda nervious at high speeds(rear end moving side to side). just all in all not the best setup out there.

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
SlammedDime said:
My opinion, and as said by someone else... "If it was made right, all the bars would go forward. Reverse 4-links are for people too lazy to move the gas tank or sit down and figure out the right way to do it."
lol..hey, that's my line...

For anybody who's never really though about it...does pushing your rear axle down the freeway at 60 mph like a wheel barrel sound like a good idea?

There are a ton of issues with building shit backwards...least of all being the backwards part...Can-Do needs to be smacked....just because it goes up and down doesn't mean it works properly...it just goes up and down..

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
They are copies... Can-do used to be alter... remember... and alter copied KP's design, then modded it in this triumph of work.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
This is what I got back from Steve when I emailed him and asked this: "Why do you call this a cantilever, when in fact, it is a lever? Do you provide any warranty on the parts, or the vehicles this kit is installed on, and if so, for what length of time?"

He said:
"All the parts are fully Guaranteed not to break under normal usage. If your hopping it, that wouldn't be covered. Not that I don't think it could with stand the hoping. We just call it the Cantilever cause its riding on the bars, and not the axle. Its getting 14"+ of lift dependeing on the shocks your using. With out the shocks we tested it at 17" of lift. Thank you, Steve, CanDo Spoecialties, Inc."

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
can-do didnt use to be alter....steve owned alter and then was handed to someone else which is now i-drag customs..so there for i-drag used to be alter...and steve started a new business known as can-do specialties....you should get your facts straight...just as if people installing reverse 4 links should...and its not like KP had a patent on their 4 link...if i recall most front cups all look alike and most 4 links look alike...most bags look alike...its the way the world works. and if it were all forward it would be a great product...

and i love how everyone says the KP 4 link is the best thing next to sliced bread..any forward 4 link is good if installed properly...and id say if u want bolt in get jasons 5-link. that is a quality kit.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Alter was not handed to someone else. Steve went bankrupt. And shane started I drag. He took over alter's old phone number, took copies of templates, used alter's old art work etc for the magazine ads. In an agreement between steve and shane. Steve then started Can do with someone else.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
low-blazer said:
slammed...next time you e-mail him, ask him about vehicle dynamics, the adverse braking characteristics of a reverse 4-link, and where the hell is instant center when the bars go backwards...see what he says
Email sent :D

layd - I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I never claim that KP is the best kit in the world, merely just that I have no problems with it, and recommend it. And you should also get your facts straight, that KP has a patent pending on their bolt in 4 link kits.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
a patent pending isnt quite the same as a patent....and the statement about KP being best wasnt directed tords u...

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I think when people misspeel words ;) it should come back and make you correct it, not that one but there have been many many posts and threads made where you can't understand a darn thing the person is saying, like they are not even fluent in the English language, just came over from some other country.

·
circa 1996
500 Posts
IntenseMtrsprts7 said:
I think when people misspeel words ;) it should come back and make you correct it, not that one but there have been many many posts and threads made where you can't understand a darn thing the person is saying, like they are not even fluent in the English language, just came over from some other country.
that happens when you drop out at 6th grade and smoke pot all day, every day

1 - 20 of 20 Posts