S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
blah
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much does the 3-lin perch hole get moved towards the rear of the frame?

i dont have my stock perches anymore but i do have the 3-link perches mounted
6-3/4" from the stock rear hole to the new front hole, problem im facing is im putting on the kp conversion kit so i cant base the measurement off the stock perch hole which should be moved 10" to the rear for the shorter lower bars

if that makes sense :rotf:

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
the bolt-on perch gets moved 12" back from the rear rivit hole to the rear bolt hole. the stock perches use that 6-3/4" measurement.

·
blah
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bolt-on perch gets moved 12" back from the rear rivit hole to the rear bolt hole. the stock perches use that 6-3/4" measurement.

i see, when i got my 3-link i got it without a template so i found a post on here that gave me that 6 3/4" measurement thats where i messed up at that time i guess.....

on other hand if i was to move the hanger to the 12" measurement do you happen to know the difference between the stock leaf perch mounting hole and the hole to mount the bars on?

if i can find that out ill be able to work with the bars more since they are adjustable if i would need to use a different spot to mount due to the current holes, if not thats cool i can prolly ask someone local to get me a measurement of their stock perch so i can base that on where my perch actually sits right now, from looking at your original kp fix thread the bar hole looks real close (but thats just pics of course) judging by that factory hold under the x-member

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
im not sure what the measurements would be. the mounting point of the bar ends up at the same place bewteen the two, but because the holes are all diff on the brackets we have the diff measurements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts