S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to bag my truck. but i am not going with a full notch just the bolt in frame one due to inspection reasons and also i do not want to do alot of slicing and dicing to this one. i was wondering if any anyone had this, are you laying frame and if so how do you have the front set up, where do you have your bags mounted on the rear and what size wheels and tire are you running. in my area no one will touch you with a 10 foot pole if you have air do to the fact they can lose their inspection license, (bastard cops). so i want to do this set up 98% bolt on so i can put the oem parts back on. i had a hardbody 4linked,notched etc etc etc, and had to sell because i didn't want a $275 fine every time i pulled it out of the driveway cause no one would inspect it. so any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kaust

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am going to bag my truck. but i am not going with a full notch just the bolt in frame one due to inspection reasons and also i do not want to do alot of slicing and dicing to this one. i was wondering if any anyone had this, are you laying frame and if so how do you have the front set up, where do you have your bags mounted on the rear and what size wheels and tire are you running. in my area no one will touch you with a 10 foot pole if you have air do to the fact they can lose their inspection license, (bastard cops). so i want to do this set up 98% bolt on so i can put the oem parts back on. i had a hardbody 4linked,notched etc etc etc, and had to sell because i didn't want a $275 fine every time i pulled it out of the driveway cause no one would inspect it. so any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kaust
well you could always bring it in at stock height with the bed covered up... i think you can lay out in the rear with a bolt in notch, but you have to run small wheels and tires. if you had small sheels on the front you could prolly lay out with just drop spindles. where you put the bags depends on what kinda link you want to run. you could probably get away with monoleaf. but im not sure of your local laws. 90% us are probably in some stupid violation anyways.

·
get laid/commit suicide
3,219 Posts
Thanks
Kaust

where do u live? that sucks. lol anyway for the rear, i would run a bolt in notch and could you run a 4 link and mount the baggs where ever you want but also weld up some mounts for some coil over shocks and when it comes time for inspection, just pull the baggs out and throw the coil overs in, get it inspected, then pull the coil overs and throw the baggs back in? Think that will pass?

·
What to put here?
1,649 Posts
Well on my truck now i have a 2 link with a behind and under kit, mini c notch.
I can lay a low pro 18, but my notch is moved up some and reinforced.
, but if you want to keep the dif cover under the bed you would have to run a VEARY small tire. Some thing like a 215/40/17 would still be to tall.:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in berkeley springs west virginia.... yee haw yall lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want to be able to remove my bag setup and put the leafs and stuff back in so that way when a i go to get it inspected hey it's stock, givin the fact that the front shocks will be relocated same with the rear and it is some extra work, but i had a bagged truck before and it will be every bit worth it. . I am going to go with the sd bolt in 3 link. i want to keep it all under the bed, other than my tank. and thank you for the calculator it answered the rear, with a size 195/50/17 wheels and tires. i would have to have a 3" notch. now to the front, would i have to cut alot to fit that size wheels, cause naturally i would use drop spindles?
thanks kaust

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i appreciate all of the input
thanks
kaust

1 - 9 of 9 Posts