S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, how many pounds are the actuators rated to pull on the s10 bolt shaved door kits?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Most "actuators" (which are "push/pull") are 14-15#. The most common "shaved door" kits use 35-40# "solenoids" (pull only). 14-15# actuators will work for shaved door applications if everything else mechanical is optimum. Meaning if your doors sag even a little, your bear claws drag or have much wear, latch pins worn, etc. 14-15# may not be enough to make the mechanisims work. Actuators are best for power locks (remember "push/pull) and solenoids seem to work best for latches (pull only). Hope this helps.

·
i have vehicular add
82 Posts
just rem the avs kit uses two accuators per door so you are getting around 30 lbs of pulling force.

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i wasnt worried about if they'd work or not, i was just wondering how many LB they are rated to pull.

I have 1 dei 524N actuator on the drivers side right now, it works perfectly and always opens no problem... I need an actuator for my passenger door, since there isn't one in it yet. was considering getting another 524n if its going to hold up..

This actuator looks VERY similar to the AVS one used on the bolt on kit.Was going to order another DEI one since they are so simple and easy to mount. I have my current one mounted to the door itself with the 3 screws and have no issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts