S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
98sdime
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a 2.2 bodydropped with A/C? I have been looking on here and it looks everyone just gets rid of there A/C

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
theres a guy on here, goldenrider18 or something like that, bodydropped with 20's and a/c. you can do it, but it takes alot of work to make it fit

·
Since Way Back
337 Posts
when I did mine in I did it with 20s and got rid of it. I just put some 18s on it and I could have made ac fit easy. O well a little late for that. The stock ac sucked balls anyway

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,136 Posts
when I did mine in I did it with 20s and got rid of it. I just put some 18s on it and I could have made ac fit easy. O well a little late for that. The stock ac sucked balls anyway
I dunno man, i'd have to say my s10 can blow some cold air and move a lot of it pretty good compared to about every other car i have drove.

Most of your problem is gonna be the design of how to force air through the condenser part of the ac system. The more surface area you can push the air through, the colder air and more air you will get. But with a BD truck you lose soo much potential cooling area, so it chokes down your system big time compared to a stock unit.

Most aftermarket systems are condensed into a small unit that can be installed anywhere, making them more desirable for our application compared to the stock setup, but they cost some $$$$$$.

·
has 22's now
3,624 Posts
I dunno man, i'd have to say my s10 can blow some cold air and move a lot of it pretty good compared to about every other car i have drove.

Most of your problem is gonna be the design of how to force air through the condenser part of the ac system. The more surface area you can push the air through, the colder air and more air you will get. But with a BD truck you lose soo much potential cooling area, so it chokes down your system big time compared to a stock unit.

Most aftermarket systems are condensed into a small unit that can be installed anywhere, making them more desirable for our application compared to the stock setup, but they cost some $$$$$$.

I have some where around 500 in my heat/a.c its not that bad expensive.

·
Registered
450 Posts
a/c is nice, but i think its not worth it at the end if it dont blow AS hard OR as cold!

·
JESUS FREAK
1,947 Posts
i have stock a/c and if you figure out how to make your box right then it blows just fine

·
JESUS FREAK
1,947 Posts
ill have to take them next time i have the fender off but ill get some next time i got it off which should be soon the trailor fenders i have cover it up

·
JESUS FREAK
1,947 Posts
if i can just get mine to blow as hard as todd this guy with a bodied blazer with stock a/c it didnt blow as hard as stock but it kept the hole blazer cold when it was about 98 an like 68% humidity

·
Registered
328 Posts
if i can just get mine to blow as hard as todd this guy with a bodied blazer with stock a/c it didnt blow as hard as stock but it kept the hole blazer cold when it was about 98 an like 68% humidity
That sounds better than stock. Mine never could get my regular cab cold, it only cooled me off a little from the Florida sun

·
JESUS FREAK
1,947 Posts
dang something must have been up with yours when ever all my a/c was still stock it would frost my windshield when it was like in the 80s an 90s the windshield would have percipitation

1 - 18 of 18 Posts