S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 door 1991 s-10 blaze that has rust problems.
The dirver's rocker panel needs replacement, both door skins, both bottom parts of the 1/4 panels (below the molding) and the driver's rear wheel well trim.

I went to a body shop this after noon and they want $3200 to fix it, paint the new parts, and 'blend' the new paint into the old.

Does this sound like a fair price?

I would do it myself but I want it done right.

God how I wish I could weld/paint properly.
:cuss:

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
where in NY are ya? im in batavia and know some guys that do body work on the side fairly cheap... PM me

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm over in dutchess county...too bad for me you'er not closer.

Thanks anyway

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
that price is pretty much right on... body work isn't cheap, and that's allot of work... labor hours = big money

you could buy a welder and salvage all the parts for probibly less than half of that price, but you have to know what your doing...
good luck

·
Slam-I-Am Member
2,002 Posts
what a better project to learn on

if it was me I would buy the tools and do it myself, thats how I learned was by attempting things on my own and have become pretty good at it I think, sure a body shop will get it done faster, but think of the cash you save and the learning experience you gain. There are several good book you can pick up to read on the subject. may even be able to take a course locally.
Good luck

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
you can buy 20 gauge steel patches from goodmarkindustries.com for like 15$ you can trim them to fit and weld those bad boys home. then bring it to a shop and have em paint unless you know how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts