S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
V8ing the Dime
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know LMC is an awesome company but Jc Whitney has the panels for less cash. Do the JC panels fit right or should I just use LMC panels?? I am not on a big budget but want a nice clean dime when done.

·
32,797 Posts
LMC is going to have a better part,, better fitment.
not all aftermarket panels are the same.
I've used many over the years in collision work..
You get what you pay for.
Why are you assuming LMC will be better, because of their catalog?

And that statement about getting what you pay for is rather stupid nowadays (just like saying LMC parts will fit better, it even says in their catalog that the parts are from overseas and will not be perfect, they get the same parts from the same places that all the other sellers get from).

·
V8ing the Dime
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You say both are the same but have you used both. Same fitment or what??
I can deal with a little fittin and trimmin but don't wanna have my bed off for ever tryin to fiix it just cuz panels fit like crap.

·
The Blue Pwns Joo!
1,901 Posts
What panels do you need? I still have a few sitting around from my 1st gen that I never used...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Even my supplier has different grades of aftermarket parts, I'm not saying LMC is the best, but I would go with them over JC.. LMC is definetely pricy,, If I have to use aftermarket I go through keystone and order the platinum plus series of parts.. They seem to fit the best for me.. but they do cost more than their non platinum series..
and as far as being from overseas,, well aren't they all from overseas anymore..
But still some parts are better than others.. Platinum series that I go with is basically hand selected, They have a tech over there testing all the panels and selecting them as platinum.

·
V8ing the Dime
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mopar are you talkin about Keystone like the distributor that carries all kinds of stuff for retail stores. Or keystone a body panel place??

·
your opinion sucks
2,890 Posts
And you think you know this because?

And let's not even start on how stupid saying "you get what you pay for" is.
First off, kiss my ass, Wilma.

Secondly, I've purchased parts from both places.

·
32,797 Posts
First off, kiss my ass, Wilma.

Secondly, I've purchased parts from both places.
You purchased two identical parts from each place?
Did you see where each part originated from and how did you judge the thickness of each?

Smart not to try and defend the cost issue.:haha:

·
your opinion sucks
2,890 Posts
You purchased two identical parts from each place?
Did you see where each part originated from and how did you judge the thickness of each?

Smart not to try and defend the cost issue.:haha:
I ' l l t y p e t h i s s l o w l y f o r y o u.

Didn't know there was a law saying I couldn't purchase identical parts from differents places. If you can't tell by the weight of the part, use a mic on it.

LMC parts fit pretty good. J C Whitney parts fit like they were shaped with an anvil and a rock.
Welding the heavier gauge is also easier, as the thin metal tends to warp.

·
32,797 Posts
I ' l l t y p e t h i s s l o w l y f o r y o u.

Didn't know there was a law saying I couldn't purchase identical parts from differents places. If you can't tell by the weight of the part, use a mic on it.

LMC parts fit pretty good. J C Whitney parts fit like they were shaped with an anvil and a rock.
Welding the heavier gauge is also easier, as the thin metal tends to warp.
Instead of trying to type things out slowly, perhaps you could just answer the questions you were asked.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
:popcorn:

hey steve you want some i got the big tub

1 - 20 of 43 Posts