S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over and I know it's been asked before but I checked all the places recommended on the previous threads on it. I need the retainer cup (washer) for the body mount bushings on my 2003 s10 4.3l rwd. I already bought the energy suspension bushing kit and went on LMC and ordered all new bolts and flat washers but they didn't have the retainers in stock. I want to swap them out when I do the bushings to prevent any future headaches. Anyone have some they'd like to sell or have a source for some? Thanks in advance, just bought the truck few weeks ago and can't wait to start the transformation. Already ordered and received a 2/3 drop kit (mcgaughys spindle and block), black summit warrior R/T wheels (15x8 in front and 15x10 in rear), all new ball joints and wheel bearings since I'll have to pull them anyway for the spindle install. As well as new rear drums and full rebuild kit. Also blacked out all the emblems today as I'm going for the "murdered out" look. Picture was from first day I brought it home.
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
271 Posts
The bottom piece is normally called a retainer. I believe it is GM 15688319. It is available on Amazon, ebay, Rock Auto, Wheeler Fleet Solutions, and etc. I am not certain what the formal name is for the top metal piece, or “hat”. Since I started searching, I never found that to be available for sale separately. I salvaged some retainers from a 1988-1998 K1500 that are identical to S-series vehicles, but am still searching for some “hats” myself. IIRC, the stock regular cab truck upper cushion + hat pair are not all the same dimensions for all locations. IIRC, the lower cushions are. You can buy Dorman kits which, IIRC, contain the retainer, both cushions, a bolt, and the “hat”. LMC might have just the top cushion and hat available, but the catalog is not clear. I think the S-series SUV’s and trucks used the same parts. Mounting parts are not listed at LMC for the trucks, but are for the SUV’s. :unsure:

·
time to get cereal
5,639 Posts
I would just get them from the junkyard. Unless you live where rust is really bad, shouldn't be too hard to find some good ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would just get them from the junkyard. Unless you live where rust is really bad, shouldn't be too hard to find some good ones.
I do in fact live in a rust problem area, Massachusetts by the ocean. But I may still check out my nearest few and see what I can find because I need a new driver side interior door panel, it's all cracked up inside from previous owner

·
time to get cereal
5,639 Posts
Someone on the forum can get you them, @Harley maybe. I would pick some up for you but I'm going to be out of town for the next three weeks.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I had a box of spare mounts kicking around somewhere. If I can find it again they're available.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've looked all over and I know it's been asked before but I checked all the places recommended on the previous threads on it. I need the retainer cup (washer) for the body mount bushings on my 2003 s10 4.3l rwd. I already bought the energy suspension bushing kit and went on LMC and ordered all new bolts and flat washers but they didn't have the retainers in stock. I want to swap them out when I do the bushings to prevent any future headaches. Anyone have some they'd like to sell or have a source for some? Thanks in advance, just bought the truck few weeks ago and can't wait to start the transformation. Already ordered and received a 2/3 drop kit (mcgaughys spindle and block), black summit warrior R/T wheels (15x8 in front and 15x10 in rear), all new ball joints and wheel bearings since I'll have to pull them anyway for the spindle install. As well as new rear drums and full rebuild kit. Also blacked out all the emblems today as I'm going for the "murdered out" look. Picture was from first day I brought it home. View attachment 352234
I share your pain, I'm next door in NH. I just did the body mounts on my 98 a few weeks ago, I ended up going with Dorman mounts. I have an extended cab, and maybe a third of the hardware was solid enough to reuse.

I snapped a few bolts and had to weld nuts on the shaft to get them out. I'm going to have to go back and weld in some patches on the frame mounts, they were pretty rotted. How does the frame look on yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I share your pain, I'm next door in NH. I just did the body mounts on my 98 a few weeks ago, I ended up going with Dorman mounts. I have an extended cab, and maybe a third of the hardware was solid enough to reuse.

I snapped a few bolts and had to weld nuts on the shaft to get them out. I'm going to have to go back and weld in some patches on the frame mounts, they were pretty rotted. How does the frame look on yours?
The frame is actually in good shape. One of the previous owners had the smart idea to use that 3m rust prevention coating on the entire frame. But hey atleast you get the better gun laws for trade in your state compared to us in Massghanistan haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts