S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a cheapo, and im looking to do a cheap body lift. i can get all the bolts, extend what needs to be extended etc, but could i use some 4x4 3'' pressure treated wood and drill a hole in the middle and mount it up and use it? what about 3 hockey pucks on top of each other? whats the safest route to go? i might get the kit if its a last resort but id like to know if this would work first. thanks.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
i wouldn't go anywhere near that truck and I don't think your insurance company or the cops would like it very much if u ever got into an accident plus like blazer said wood will split.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
:rotf: inbeforetheflameing

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Def not wood but I made a 2 inch kit for my samurai using 2 inch box steel just cut it drill the center and used longer bolts and my stock buchings

·
Registered
344 Posts
Def not wood but I made a 2 inch kit for my samurai using 2 inch box steel just cut it drill the center and used longer bolts and my stock buchings
i'd want to use solid steel blocks, but that'll work too

·
**** New Jersey
8,325 Posts
Yeah I'd use wood, rough cut thou. Its softer, it won't split. Make the cab ones a little taller than the beds, the weight will crush them to make them even.

·
carolinatruckscene.com
3,161 Posts
Yeah I'd use wood, rough cut thou. Its softer, it won't split. Make the cab ones a little taller than the beds, the weight will crush them to make them even.
Yhea, just once it gets wet andd rots it will be ok.
DO NOT USE WOOD. you can get a bl for about $100 don't be so fng cheap. Your lively hood aka life might be sacraficed in the long run cause you wanted to save a few $$

·
Not stuck yet
969 Posts
:tdown

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im guessing this body lift is a big NEGATIVE. Well, it seems my cheapo self is buying a kit! Maybe ill get one for chirstmas and i'll probally surely feel better about it than this goon as BuzzerPB stated:

·
Registered
198 Posts
id use some old campbells soup cans, put the bolts in ahead of time and make sure they are centered when the quick drying cement sets up..... and leave the lables on for sure... id say some cramy tomato would look good. maybe some chicken noodle, but dont use split pea they are not as solid...

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
just buy the kit u cheap ****

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
This is a joke right?

This guy is joking isn't he?

Seriously, joking right?

Bwahahahahahaha

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
i read the title out loud and my 15 year old brother said thats going to end bad... its sad because he doesnt really know anything about trucks and knew thats a stupid idea :rotf:

·
Air Assualt!
352 Posts
this thread should just be deleted!!!! seriously. wow. Im a cheapo to. I just went to 6 consignment shops lookin for a crip for my baby to get the best deal. but when it came to down to it i bought the nicest one and i bought the what i think is the best car seat too.

I wouldnt be any different on spendin 75-100 dollars on a BL for my s10.

seriously dude think about what your askin before you post it. would save you alot of embarrasment.

but as for the rest of us. atleast we got a good laugh outta this thread...

MODS delete this ISH please.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts