S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really sure what lift would be the best/easiest. From what I've been reading in the forum, it appears the body lift is the least damaging to the suspension system and the easiest to install. I would like to raise the vehicle 2" (4x4). Could an experienced lifter shed some light on an abbreviated procedure to perform this body lift? About how long should it take, etc... My ride is a 98 non ZR2. Where would a person purchase this lift kit if available?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all advice.

WooZ

·
Registered
141 Posts
yes the body lift doesnt "damage" the suspension as it is a Body Lift. nothing to do with suspesion. and they are a popular thing to do for s-10's when wanting to fit bigger sized tires on cuz the wheel well is so freakin small. i got mine from four wheel parts for about 110 bucks. here's a page i made about it
body lift

·
Registered
653 Posts
Short instructions.
Remove bolts.
Jack up the body
insert body lift blocks.
but bolts back in.

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
Keep a close eye on the wires and stuff. Only lift the body high enough to slip the blocks in and everything is pretty easy. Take your time and follow the instructions and your good to go.:clap:

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
slo96 said:
Keep a close eye on the wires and stuff. Only lift the body high enough to slip the blocks in and everything is pretty easy. Take your time and follow the instructions and your good to go.:clap:
you also want to remove the fan shround before you lift the front, otherwise you'll be buying a new shroud and/or fan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of simple, down earth how to.

How about instead of a lift kit, just adding a helper spring on the rear and jacking up the T-Bar on the front.

Let me hear some of your opinions on this idea please.

At this point, I can lean either lift or helper spring/Tbar.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Had an '84 pickup, shortbed reg cab with the exact same setup. . . add-a-leaf and cranked torsion bars. It looked badass, however I was only ably to fit 30X9.5 mudders on it without rubbing a little. It also rode pretty rough but handled well. I replaced Rancho RS7000 shocks with a set of Trailmaster SSV shocks and that helped alot, but cranking the torsion bars does make for quite a rougher ride. It is a hell of alot cheaper than lifting IFS though!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I lifted the rear end of my blazer about 4" with gabriel high jackers.
If you buy them at autozone you get a lifetime warranty.
I filled them with air about a month ago and it still in there.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you buy a PA lift they have you do this weird-ass thing where you cut the fuel filler neck in two and add the hose extension on there. Rather than getting lovely metal shavings in my gas tank, I simply put the extension hose at the base of the filler neck where it connects to the tank, and the problem was solved. Don't forget about that little charcoal-filter thing that attaches to the original neck. As for the shroud, I still havent gotten the time to add the lower half of mine since PA was kind enough not to give me the necessary bolts.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
is a ZR2 body lift the same as a regular 4x4 BL? i decided im going to spend a little money on the truck and not just the system this winter, and i want to get a 2" Bl to fit 32x11.5" tires in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts