S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hi-Tech *******
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 92 2WD standard cab with a manual transmission and a 3 inch pro comp lift on it, I've got some 30's on it now but they rub in a few parts. I've already trimmed and "persuaded" the wheel wells and they still rub close to full lock. I want to throw a 2 inch body lift on it sometime soon, but my only problem is losing the 2 inches off of my stick when I lift it. Is there any way to counter this when I put the lift on?

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
I hardly noticed the difference in shifter lenght after my 2" BL.

·
Hi-Tech *******
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but I think that there would be difference in a 1st gen compared to that of a 2nd. My dad has a 2nd and his interior is completely different from mine, including the location and position of the shifter, now I could be wrong but from driving both, his seems to have a shorter throw whereas mine is quite long, which I like. But I guess we'll see when it happens.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I put a 3" BL on my 86 pickup & it was 5-spd...didn't bother me at all, but I'm not too picky. The shifter was easy to reach IMO :)

·
Hi-Tech *******
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) It'll probably not be anything bad, I'm just kinda scared of what could happen, but I'm sure that it'll turn out pretty good. What company has the best lift, as far as bumper brackets and necessary components?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've always used Performance Accessories Body Lifts but they don't come w/ bumper brackets...a friend of mine used a Black Diamond one years ago & it had the brackets, tho I'm not sure they even exist anymore.

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
I recently installed a Performance Accessories 3" body lift. I wish they had the friggin' brackets for the bumpers, but now I'm just used to it. I actually loosened the locknut at the base of the shifter, unscrewed it a bit to raise it slightly, tightened it all back up and find it to be a lot more comfortable than it was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts