S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a 3 inch body lift kit for a 1993 s-10 blazer 4wd 4 door. Are they available and what are the repercussions of a body lift. Any other mods neccesary

·
I MADE IT!!
574 Posts
with the 3" BL you'll have to add a steering extension due to the size of the lift. With a 2"BL you shouldn't have any problems. and the mods you'll just have to follow the directions...like lowering your lower fan shroud, bumper brackets...etc.
I am not familiar with the 3" BL and I am not 100% positive that is all you have to do with a 4x4.

Anybody else?.....help out

·
ol' Grey Hair
545 Posts
well if u plan on spending some time pulling ure hair out go for the 3 inch. its so much harder than a 2 inch. ive done two body lifts in my lifetime. a 2 and a 3, 2 being the esiest. im planing on a 2 for my blazer.imo 2inch body plus torsion bar crank and shackles will have you high enough.....or u could go sfa!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked with a local 4wd shop today. The guy told me 2 0r 3 inch body lift for around 650.00 maybe less. After reading your replies, Im leaning towards the 2 inch. Im really trying to make the blazer look better/meaner. Whats your guys opinion on looks, 2 inch body lift ok. For now I will keep the Michilen tires as they have a lot of tread left on them, they are 27 inchs tall.Thanks for the input guys.

·
ol' Grey Hair
545 Posts
holy shit ya buy the body lift and put it on ure self its not to hard

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im thinking about an e fan instead of cutting the fan schroud. I think that sounded a little high to as the kit is about 120.00 with tax.

·
2UP1DOWN
694 Posts
where is this "extend the steering shaft" coming from???...hes talking about a first gen '93...it will telescope itself out...the steps for a 2" or 3" are the same on a first gen...I got mine and my brothers from summit for around $110 shipped (just because they are so dependable) but they can be found for less...no big deal to putting it in either...

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Your truck will look down right stupid with a 3" BL and 27" tires.

I have 28" tires on my lowered 4x4 lol.

·
2UP1DOWN
694 Posts
how can you imply stupidity on someone else AND say you lowered your 4x4 in the same coment...I think there is a law against such a thing...

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
how can you imply stupidity on someone else AND say you lowered your 4x4 in the same coment...I think there is a law against such a thing...
lol, another hater. Without crawling underneath my truck there is no way to tell it's a 4x4. 4x4 still works great and I'll be the one driving by your 2WD this winter and out handling your 4x4 this summer.

If it makes you feel any better I like lifted trucks too. Me and a friend built a Ranger with 11" of lift and 36s and are about to start on a full tube early Bronco with a Ford 460.

·
2UP1DOWN
694 Posts
lol, another hater. Without crawling underneath my truck there is no way to tell it's a 4x4. 4x4 still works great and I'll be the one driving by your 2WD this winter and out handling your 4x4 this summer.

If it makes you feel any better I like lifted trucks too. Me and a friend built a Ranger with 11" of lift and 36s and are about to start on a full tube early Bronco with a Ford 460.
Actually not a full hater...the thought is somewhat intriguing...how about this...a huge HP SB with quiet exaust...lock that thing into low and burn at least 3 of em like crazy...hmmm...and my lowered blazer with chains has pulled quad hauling duty to the snow several times...the sound of snow lapping under the body gives the feeling of a boat ride...but I think this is a bit off topic...I say do the 3" and run the "stupid" tires until you wear them out or decide to get some 31s on it...then you will be happy!!

·
ol' Grey Hair
545 Posts
its his choice wut he does so let him decide......tfpets ure lifted blazer is pretty much my favorite blazer on here...how much did u pay for the rims???

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 93 s-10 4 door, it has 31.10.15 on some black steel 15x8 on 4x3/4 back spacing, but i dont really remember on the backspacing. It took us about 2 days because we were very under prepared. Make sure you lube all the bolts from the undercarriage. I also have a e fan , that was my only option. My only two problems that I had was the rear two bolts on the back of the truck, we had to drill a hole right next to the bolt because the wrench wouldn't fit, also the stupid power from the alternator tore, and we couldn't figure out why it wouldn't turn on. And don't forget to loosen the ground straps on the frame to the body.

no body lift on 31's

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats a nice looking blazer, mine has an identical paint scheme but dark blue. Thats the look Im after. I dont see very many 4 door blazers lifted in my area, Conyers Georgia.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts