S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the process of body dropping a 85 jimmy that has the 2.8 liter with a 4 speed manual trans in it. just wondering if anyone out there is body droppin a manual and if you are post up some pics, have so many ideas on where to cut by the pedals, but not sure which way is the safest and which is going to be easier to patch, will have pics up soon of my progress

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
The only pedal you need to cut is the gas, depending on how much of a drop. Also the main problem with a manual is the clutch master cylinder, just notch the control arm and be done with it, thats what I did and I havent had any problems...

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
here ya go,you can see where i cut and section my gas pedal. check my notch control arm thread in this section also. your going to have to do what i did also.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I do have to say, on my truck I cut about an inch out of the gas pedal, and then I fitted it and noticed that I wouldnt be able to get but like 1/4 throttle, so I marked where it hit and then bent a piece of metal at like a 135* angle and then welded it in to where I had enough room for the pedal.

What are your plans for the master cylinder and pedal? I hate to say it but the 2nd gen stuff may not work the same on a 1st gen blazer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what i was going to do Low_1 was cut on the seam that runs below my pedal assembly and come out maybe 12 inches and cut, then i was going to drop the body and then make a whole new piece including where ur feet would be, in general only inches away from seat mounts, thought it would be a lot easier to do it that way, true it would be harder to level off body before welding but would fix common problem of gas pedal leverage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts