S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions. How do you body drop an S-10, I know how to do a body lift but I haven't seen any kits for it so do you just cut the bushings? And also what is de-arching the springs? I know that is more than 2 questions but oh well! Thanks

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
A body drop will take a lot to explain. But to make it simple, you basicly cut out the floor and let the cab move down 2" , or however far you want to go, then it's weld back in place. Theres alot more to it than that, but that is the basic idea. There are no kits for body drops, it all ALOT of custom work.

If you look at a spring, it looks like an arch. To de-arch a spring you have it bent so the arch is taken out, or make the spring straight.

·
Registered
821 Posts
check out the december issue of mini truckin' they have a tech article(part 1) on body droppin an s-10. they drop it 4 inches and keep the factory hood and a/c. they have detailed pics. and the second part is gonna be in the january issue. check it out!

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
sublime is right, i have it here also and i cant wait till jan02 comes!:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts