S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you body drop or tub for 20's on a truck with a stick do you have to relocate the clutch resevoir that sticks out of the firewall or what do you do with it? also I have a 96 and there is talk of needing the smaller brake booster........ metros wont bolt up right? so what should I do? i eventually want to body drop the truck but I am not sure when, but getting this stuff done first will help me in the future. thanks

·
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY, MODERATOR
19,339 Posts
i have a 94-97 style 2.2 5 speed with 20s.. 245 35 tire

i tubbed the firewall, brought it in about 4"

clutch resevior i moved it to the left and up as far as i could.

drilled new holes and mounted the metro booster.

·
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY, MODERATOR
19,339 Posts
ya u should be fine with a stock booster with 18s.

if i were you i would make provisions now for 20s cause u will want to upgrade eventually.

its not hard to mount and hook up the geo metro booster.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
with the 96 you can actually mount your clutch inside the truck under the dash. i did it on a 95 and the dash is the same thing. the clutch will work on a pivot system, with bearings. it works great but i also b/d the truck 4 inches on 235-35-20s. he got rid of heat and ac just to make things alittle easier. plus he wasnt going to be driving the truck everyday

Reactions: draggin27

·
Registered
257 Posts
you all have any pics of how you did the clutch? i ran into the same problem and has been sitting for a while while i work on a solution.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go get a clutch master cylinder out of a Honda civic the clutch is tiny and it has a remote resvior. you can mount the clutch up under the dash and put the resvior on the firewall or mount it in the wiper cowl if you are trying to hide it.

·
Banned
39 Posts
how much work would it be to body drop a single cab 95 s10 and what do I have to do to move the clutch res and rest of the stuff that is in the way and wat is the best 7'' brake booster to get wen im body droppin and how long does it take to do a traditional body drop bc my bed floor is raised 9 1/2 inches

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,349 Posts
Start your
how much work would it be to body drop a single cab 95 s10 and what do I have to do to move the clutch res and rest of the stuff that is in the way and wat is the best 7'' brake booster to get wen im body droppin and how long does it take to do a traditional body drop bc my bed floor is raised 9 1/2 inches
This thread is 15 years old. Do not bump old threads...thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.