S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 longbed 2.8 3-speed on the column, bench seat
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most older car guys know the phrase "Body by Fisher," and up until recently I was under the impression they only made car bodies, but then I came across this page:

with the line:
But everyone who owned a GM car or light duty truck built previous to 1986, or even a year or two after, had the Fisher Body insignia on the door sills of their cars.

I've only owned 2 S-10's and I haven't seen it on either one (I did own a couple 60's cars so I'm aware of what they look like). Just curious if any of you saw it printed anywhere on yours.

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
849 Posts
I can’t remember it on any S10 I have owned, or worked on, and I honestly don’t remember it on any of the trucks either. My oldest owned truck was a 1960 C10. I did have those on my 86 Cutlass Supreme, and they were on the Buicks my parents owned including our 81 Regal and 88 LeSabre T-Type.

I did know they made carriages back in the 1800, that was the reason for their logo being a stage coach. And I also knew they turned out many different things for the war effort.

·
Been there Done it
10,516 Posts
Stage coach?
Starting in the 1930s, The Fisher Body Company, in conjunction with General Motors, ran a series of competitions in design and styling for teenage students. In the early years of the competition, contestants ordered a set of model plans to build a Napoleonic Carriage—the signature logo of the company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts