S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
S10 *****'s Youth Pastor
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you guys might get a kick outta this.
Saturday July 2nd: My father-in-law decides he and his son are going to go spend a day on the lake in his boat. So they leave about noon, go down to the lake. On their way down there they notice some of their family members (whom they don't get along with) buying fireworks at a local stand. They think nothing of go on to the lake and precede to enjoy their time fishing. They come back up to the ramp to load the boat at 11:30 p.m. and the boat trailer is missing.

Oh, great, so they call the cops at midnight after talking to some of the people camping around there and they describe his family members who he had seen at the fireworks stand. The people said they had been drinking and shooting of fireworks down by the ramp but didn't know if they stole the trailer. The trailer was still there when the campers left but not when they came back to find Robert's (father in law) trailer was gone.

So, anyways, my Robert called me at midnight needing to bring his flatbed trailer to him. (I'm tearing down an old barn, so the trailer has been at my house). So I unloaded the load of lumber we had gotten that day and headed down to the lake (20 minutes away) and get their at 1:00 am. We load the boat onto the flatbed and I strap it down and finally leave after 3:00 when the police finally finish the report. We get home at almost 4:00 am Sunday morning and I get back up at 8:00 to pick up kids for church.

Sunday went uneventful as normal, but was fine. My wife and I are coming home from work Monday, and I pull into my drive and there at property line is my Robert boat trailer sitting on the other side of the barbed wire fence. :rant: My wife, and Robert don't believe me, so he comes out to my house and sure enough it was the right trailer. It turns out that some of his family dropped it off at 7:00 am on Sunday morning after they changed the tags and the wiring connection on it. The vin # matched and the everything. Anyways, the police towed it off, saying they were going to take prints off of it, which they didn't and charged my father in law $125 to basically hold it for him.

There's really no point to this story, other than it's a small world.

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
wow that sux... family blows sometimes!!! atleast you got it back... u should make the other family pay to swap the wiring and that $125... good luck

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Dang I can't belive that his own family would do that.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
maybe i missed something..a family member stole the trailor, changed the tags and wiring, then brought it back to his house?? doesnt make much sense to me.

·
S10 *****'s Youth Pastor
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AVTekk said:
maybe i missed something..a family member stole the trailor, changed the tags and wiring, then brought it back to his house?? doesnt make much sense to me.
No, they stole the trailer, changed the tags and wiring, then dropped it off at my neighbors house. They didn't know that my wife and I lived there, and my wife happens to be related to her father..... weird. hahaha later:haha:

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
LOOKIN4S10 said:
No, they stole the trailer, changed the tags and wiring, then dropped it off at my neighbors house. They didn't know that my wife and I lived there, and my wife happens to be related to her father..... weird. hahaha later:haha:
Ahh now it makes it even better. lol That is kinda funny now that you said it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts