S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boat Anchor - FREE to a good home!

Check out the slack in the timing chain! I guess it wasn't gonna run much longer anyway, the rod knock & low oil pressure stopped it b/4 it jumped time. When you move the damper back 'N forth the chain slaps the side of the guiderails Hope to put the new one in tonite & finish it tomorrow!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll throw it in the scrap dumpste

along with the all the other junk @ work. It would be a good core, it's the neutral balanced block so it's got the bigger mains, I ws thinkin' of savin' it for any body else at work that needs a core ( there's 4 more 2.8's waitin' to go! ). I tried, but the local tugboat has enough anchors, the workbarge has (2) steel pipes that the crane drives into the bay to hold it still, dosn't need any stinkin' anchors.:bash:

·
The Old Man
760 Posts
I have a 91 sonoma with a 4.3 engine recently seemed to jump time,I put a light on it,set it again and drive about a mile and as soon as oil pressure drops engine misfires again,upon checking with the light it is again way above 12 degress btdc ,it will do this continuously.......bad distibutor shaft gear ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
s_man692000 said:
I have a 91 sonoma with a 4.3 engine recently seemed to jump time,I put a light on it,set it again and drive about a mile and as soon as oil pressure drops engine misfires again,upon checking with the light it is again way above 12 degress btdc ,it will do this continuously.......bad distibutor shaft gear ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Is that with the timing interrupt wire disconnected and
in base timing mode ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts