S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

There are a lot of options out there for accessory drives. Looking for some expertise from the forum folks that know what's up.

I am going to run a Blueprint Engines 530hp LS3 - hoping to purchase by spring time. https://blueprintengines.com/produc...longblock-with-black-pulley-kit-psls3760ctfkb

But... I am not sure if I am going to get it with their accessory kit or if I will just buy the engine and run a Holley kit or similar. I really do like the Blueprint kit.

I "think" that the Blueprint kit would work as is. If anybody can review the specs below and confirm these measurements against their current setup, it would be great!

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

Product Font Parallel Engineering Circle

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I remember one person running a kit like that in an S10, but I wouldn't myself. Putting the accessories entirely in front of the engine is taking up the valuable real estate you need for the radiator, radiator hoses, air intake, and more. The more space you have in front of the engine the easier the swap will be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

To clarify, the alt, p/s, and ac compressors are all common factory level units. They just have the different pulleys, covers, etc. Replacement parts should be common if needed.

I get what you are saying about the depth of the accessories. I have not been able to find any info on the overall depth for the Holley high mount system for comparison.

Another example. The stock LS1 Corvette accessory drive looks to be ~6.5" - 7" total depth as detailed below. The Blueprint shows as 7.5"-8". I am sure that I will go the Holley (or similar) route, but if anybody has any additional dimensions, please confirm. Thanks!

Gas Machine Font Auto part Titanium

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,693 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of m y clearances with the Holley High mount. Ignore the T-bolts...they need to be trimmed... 😂

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Light Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 6 of 6 Posts