S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whete do I connect the line for the blow out valve? I'm a couple of steps from completing my turbo install I just need sone help with this connection :-(

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
To the plenum behind the TB. Look at your owners/installation manual. When boost isn't present, and the TB is shut, the engine creates vacuum. That vacuum sucks through that hose to the back side of the valve on the BOV. Pressure side on the tubing side pushing the valve out, and on the opposite side of the BOV the engine's sucking that valve open. Between the two forces causes the valve to open to release pressure much easier than pressure on it's own.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To the plenum behind the TB. Look at your owners/installation manual. When boost isn't present, and the TB is shut, the engine creates vacuum. That vacuum sucks through that hose to the back side of the valve on the BOV. Pressure side on the tubing side pushing the valve out, and on the opposite side of the BOV the engine's sucking that valve open. Between the two forces causes the valve to open to release pressure much easier than pressure on it's own.
Behind the TB or on the TB?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Behind the TB. Somewhere about mid way on the plenum if possible.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
You need to make a 'T' off a vacuum source. The line coming from the back of the throttle body would be best, the brake booster line is another option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts