S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done or helped transplant a blown small block into an S10. I'm about to tempt it, and am looking for clues.

Thanks in advance.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
theres a guy on here with a gray std cab 2nd gen s10 with a blower like that. his pic comes up in the members photos thing in the left corner. dunno what his name is tho..

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
What ya could do is, donate a supercharger to VetteS10 foundation. All the VetteS10's in the world truly need a charger, help one out... You're gratitude will definitely go far and put a smile one a VetteS10 that is truly in need of one. :D

So don't wait, call now! Operators are standing by!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
:thumbup:

I'm glad someone has asked. I'm going to drop a blown 400 s.b.c. in a 94 as soon as I find the right truck. I'm supposing that your 871 blower will take up more view space than anything else, but slammed, that oil pan is going to be tough. I'm going with the small Weind and try to keep most of it under the hood. My brother is the expert in getting a motor and all the clearances to work out.

We've done Nova's, Camaro's, and Chevelle's for the strip (bracket cars), but this is a first. Good luck!

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't think you should have any problems. My friend got one in his first gen. Install looks the same as a regular V8 swap with the exception of the hood. Since the blower drive sticks out so far, he runs a wide radiator with a large electric fan on one side. He said the radiator was out of a chevelle or something. I use a radiator out of an iroc which is probably the widest you can go before you have to relocate the battery.

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
i dont see what would be different as far as mounting that monster goes. except the linkage working when you push the pedal might be a problem and there isnt going to be much hood left after you get done cutting but well worth it (i think)

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
On secong thought it looks like you got the linkage taken care of lol didnt catch that the first time

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My big concern was the space between the belt and radiator. I think there is enough room. Cooling was the second worry. I'm sure I'll have to use a psuher fan (or two). I guess I'll find out Tuesday. That's when I start.

·
Work in progress....
868 Posts
Damn that is a sweet motor! You may have to relocate the radiator by cutting the top part of the frame and moving it forwar towards the bumber more...kinda where the air conditioning cooling coil would be at. Did that in my first S-10 with V-8 because I wanted to run fan off the water pump...not electric. Worked good.

Good luck!

:nuts:

·
Beaver Scout
32 Posts
You better stop at the local Denny's restaurant and borrow a kids "booster seat" so you'll be able to see over that monster. I'd hate to have to pay your tire bill.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You'll be fine - aside from hood clearance it's not that big of deal. You may have to move the radiator up a little depending on the blower, but I've got a 8-71 and didn't have to make drastic changes to the radiator or front end to clear the belt. The hood - well... that's a different story.

·
Ridin Dirrty
794 Posts
The problem with having a blower stick through the hood, is you cant screw with those dopes that think an s10 is slow. The 8-71 kinda says "haha, lets run em"

·
Registered
13 Posts
T Man 383 said:
The problem with having a blower stick through the hood, is you cant screw with those dopes that think an s10 is slow. The 8-71 kinda says "haha, lets run em"
True, an 8-71 doesn't exactly say "sleeper" does it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts