S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blew the motor in my 01 dime last saturday i have an extra motor out of a 97 dime that there is nothing wrong with.. my question is will it fit??? being that its the same 2.2l im just curious because when my starter went out i called to get a new one and asked if a starter off a 97 would fit a 01 and the guy said no it wouldnt i need my ride back and the 97 motor is gonna save me some cash if it fits PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
421 Posts
i would assume it would work but when did they start putting ecotech motors in those?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure i know that when i was looking at crate motors for the thing they had the years listed 94 to 03

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
ok i have been here and tried this, just a 2000 in a 94
i have a 2000 motor (i just need to reinstall the correct head and rods) it is for sale
miles are unknown, but the factory crosshatching is still visible, this came outta a 2000 longbed that was t-boned and rolled

the motor will run, but the rockers are diferent, you have yo use the 98+ intake oviously,

where are you located dude?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live in cincinnati ohio
i have 2 97 motors i mean what could be the big differance between 94 to 97 and 98 to 03

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
cam and rockers are diferent, the 97 intake will not plug into the 98+ ones. i dont know how hard it is to change the wire harness for the engine bay either . you can change the cam, or find 1.6 stamped rockers for the 97 engine(1.5 is stock and will not properly adjust for the whole cam cycle)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts