S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 s10, with a 2.5 in it, the original engine was blown, so the guy i bought this truck off of put a brand new 2.5 in it. Well, it only has about 30,000 on it, and for some reason it locked up one day last week, after rattling really bad ( sounded like broken throwout bearing). went to shift from 2nd to 3ed, (5 speed), and when i went to let out on the clutch, the engine stopped and locked up... I took the tranny out and put on new throwout bearing and clutch. still wouldnt turn over, i drained the oil and no metal shavings came out, and all the pushrods are still in good shape and are all there. Any ideas? ive asked a few people about it because they knew quite a bit about engines, and they dont know exactly what it could be, ive been told bent crank, main bearings went out, connecting rod(s) broke, or something in cylinder wedged against piston, any suggestion would be of help, I am thinking about new 2.5, or just going to a 350 with 350 turbo tranny for sale from a friend. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Try to turn the engine with a breaker bar on the front of the harmonic balancer. If it doesn't turn over than it is time to think about a 350 crate motor from GM.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Or the 2.2 available from me!!!

Caleb

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Putting a 4 cyl in your truck is like f*cking your sister.....if feels good until someone sees you doing it!

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
:lol: Goddam thats funny......

·
Registered
81 Posts
OMG, thats f*ckin funny as hell

:booty: :scary: :sheep: :woah: :twak:

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Im haveing some trouble with mine too (dont want to take the time to expain it...). How do I turn my engine over with the harmonic balancer, (BTW, what is the harmonic balancer?). Where is it and how do I do it?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
the harmonic balancer is right behind the bottom pully on the crank. to turn the motor put a ratchet on the center bolt and turn it clockwise. you might need to use a braker bar for more leverage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts