S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I did a little mudding yesterday and I must have been beating on it too hard cause I destroyed a CV shaft and broke a front differential mount. I was gonna wait and change the gearing in my Jimmy to 4.10's or 3.73's so now I gotta figure out whether my best bet is to fix it as is or to change everything over. Just wondering if anybody had any experience changing gears and replacing the front diff. I had it out when I put the lift on it so I know its not hard to take it in or out. I think what I'm gonna try and do is look for a used front and rear setup from a junkyard with different gearing. If anybody has any advice or a similar experience any ideas would be helpful. I'll also try and post some of the carnage pics as soon as I figure out how to get my camera hooked up to the computer. Oh and the stats on it are a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4 dr 4x4 with a 5" BDS lift with 32x11.5" BFG AT's

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,100 Posts
carnage carnage! lol find a used dif and swap to to 4.10s. ive got 34s and 4.56s and it works great.

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
what year is it. if its a second gen find a wrecked zr2 and put those axles on. they already have 3.73's and a locking rear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts