S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, the fuse for the dash/instruments blew. I replaced it and it blew again. Replaced it and the same thing happened. I know what causes a fuse to blow (short to ground). Nothing has been done to the vehicle. No new electrical components. What do you believe I should look into for possible repairs. This has me confused.


97 S10 Blazer 4X4, 59,000, 4.3, Auto.
 

·
Early Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Make sure you are using the correct amp fuse. Check your wiring for worn through spots.
 

·
Lt. Schlock
Joined
·
114 Posts
or put a bigger fuse in it.... :)
 

·
I hate everyone
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
igofshn said:
Today, the fuse for the dash/instruments blew. I replaced it and it blew again. Replaced it and the same thing happened. I know what causes a fuse to blow (short to ground). Nothing has been done to the vehicle. No new electrical components. What do you believe I should look into for possible repairs. This has me confused.


97 S10 Blazer 4X4, 59,000, 4.3, Auto.
well if you know what causes the fuse to blow follow the ground and fix it.. your wiring harness is only grounded in one place...:stickpoke
 

·
Early Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
B95 said:
Make sure you are using the correct amp fuse. Check your wiring for worn through spots.
:sheep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Blowing Fuse

Dark_nesS said:
well if you know what causes the fuse to blow follow the ground and fix it.. your wiring harness is only grounded in one place...:stickpoke
It's not that easy. It's drawing 45 amps on a 10 amp circuit???
 

·
Early Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
And this is your dash gauges circuit?
 

·
Slow- N- Low
Joined
·
577 Posts
i think i have the same problem.....only my dash and Taillights/parking light dont work but my brakes work just fine........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are actually 15-20 interrelated items connected to this circuit. Every one needs to be tested. Royal pita.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
i had to wire my parking lights to a different power ource. the guy who had my jimmy before, messed up something when he was installing a stereo. before i rewired it, it kept blowing fuses, like yours. hopefully i can fix it back to normal soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Fuse blowing

I had the same prob in my 92 p/u. it staredted when i swapped the radio out of my 95 into the 92. my cig lighter went bad at the same time. i unplugged it and no probs since
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixed. Turned out to be a fried wire from the a/c relay. Took the electrical shop3 days to find it. Whole dash was torn apart. Replaced the wire with a fuseble link. Cost me $198. I was charged for 3 hours labor and $3 parts. At least it is fixed.
 

·
Early Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Glad to hear you have it fixed.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top