S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
US Beer Drinking Team
7,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i thought i would make a thread to share what i did.

picked up a sheetmetal blower box off a member on here. was made to clear a small tire on a 20" rim, i only plan on running 18's so this works perfect for me.

i didn't take as many pics as i wanted to of everything cause i ended up being in a bit of a hurry on it.

blower box:

i had to mate this to the plastic part of the stock blower box. i used a plastic/steel weld epoxy from autozone.

i cut what was left of my stock blower box. it was in really bad shape by this time.

after cutting what i needed off, i was left with this:

then i used the epoxy to glue them together:

alot of the pics suck. my phone was being picky with me. but overall i was happy with it. i need to take some pics of it installed now. i'll get those up later.

i also need to get some gaskets for everything cause all of mine were shot.
any ideas on where to find the stock blower box gaskets?

and lastly i need to make a gasket to go between the blower motor and the sheetmetal box. i am losing alot of air from right here. i can put my hand next to the blower motor and feel alot of air around it.

still a good amount of blow inside the cab. i think that once i seal everything off, it will blow as good as stock.

i didn't think to take any pics with the front dropped down with the stock box in there. i have 15" rims on the front right now anyways but with this box i have a good 2.5-3" of room between the tire and the bottom of the box. this should more than clear my 18's.

·
US Beer Drinking Team
7,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats the non-ac gasket. i need the a/c gasket. can't seem to find anywhere. i would just make one out of some rtv silicone but the gasket looks like it's about 1/4" thick and that seems thick for rtv.

also had a question on the blower motor. it has a vent tube that feeds back into the box. what do people do with this? i see some vent it to the new box. can i just put a small filter here or something?

·
US Beer Drinking Team
7,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
weatherstripping will work fine, but IMO i would use some RTV if you want a really good seal

run a bead around the blower box edge and let it sit for a while before you install it onto the truck

i was thinking rtv, it would be 100x easier to deal with. and i guess if i let it dry a little before putting it back together, it should seal it up.

hopefully tonight i'll get to autozone again and pick some up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok so i thought i would make a thread to share what i did.

picked up a sheetmetal blower box off a member on here. was made to clear a small tire on a 20" rim, i only plan on running 18's so this works perfect for me.

i didn't take as many pics as i wanted to of everything cause i ended up being in a bit of a hurry on it.

blower box:

i had to mate this to the plastic part of the stock blower box. i used a plastic/steel weld epoxy from autozone.

i cut what was left of my stock blower box. it was in really bad shape by this time.

after cutting what i needed off, i was left with this:

then i used the epoxy to glue them together:

alot of the pics suck. my phone was being picky with me. but overall i was happy with it. i need to take some pics of it installed now. i'll get those up later.

i also need to get some gaskets for everything cause all of mine were shot.
any ideas on where to find the stock blower box gaskets?

and lastly i need to make a gasket to go between the blower motor and the sheetmetal box. i am losing alot of air from right here. i can put my hand next to the blower motor and feel alot of air around it.

still a good amount of blow inside the cab. i think that once i seal everything off, it will blow as good as stock.

i didn't think to take any pics with the front dropped down with the stock box in there. i have 15" rims on the front right now anyways but with this box i have a good 2.5-3" of room between the tire and the bottom of the box. this should more than clear my 18's.
I know you posted this along time ago but do you by chance remember who you got the sheet metal box from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.